Chapter thirty one: "Welcome to the 2012 Brit Awards"

"Harry is that your slut?!" A voice called from within the crowd of fangirls. I chuckled and smirked as she glared at Harry's arm around my waist. "No, she's my girl friend." He said nicely, smiling as he signed autographs. Paparazzi were all over the boys, most of them on me and Harry. Pictures were being taken back and forth and through all the yelling and squealing I could barely hear my boyfriend whispering comforting things in my ear. 

It was cute how Harry was trying to protect me. I appreciated the gesture, though we both know that if someone came near me I could beat their ass down. I smiled and kissed Harry's cheek, causing the crowd to squeal even louder and make little kissy noises while going "aw." We both continued walking behind the other boys, who all-except for Louis and Liam- came alone. 

Niall and Zayn claimed that they didn't need girls to be happy and that they could "comfort each other." I had laughed at the time, but now I understand how they would need to protect one another with this big horde of girls. "Harry, that your girl friend? Give us all a show!" A deep, thick, manly voice behind a camera yelled over everyone to us. Harry just smiled at him and kissed my cheek, and I lightly blushed for the cameras. 

I don't blush. That is that. But I was told that to keep my job I have to trick the country into thinking I'm a little priss. Honestly, I don't like having to force myself to be a girl, but it's my job and I'm used to it. I shrugged it off as the crowd went into hysteric gasps and another round of "aw's" to the two of us. 

We finally made it inside and to our table that fit 10, and sat down, letting the beautiful silence sink in. "Well that was fun!" Lou was jumping in his seat excitedly. Well, the silence was good while it lasted. I smiled and nodded as I removed my hand from Harry's grip. Instead of just letting my hand fall, he grabbed it again and placed both our hands on my thigh. 

"Damn they're loud." I scowled the audience on the other side that were screaming louder than humanly possible. "So Jessie," Eleanor looked over and winked, trying to be nonchalant to cover up my identity. I laughed and rolled my eyes as she continued her sentence. "Your first award show, hm? Are you going to congratulate Harry when you two get back to your flat after they win Best Single?"

I almost spit out my red wine as Harry just sat there next to me blushing. Eleanor was smirking, as was Danielle, while the boys just looked at us curiously. Before I could respond to Eleanor, Harry cut me off and answered for me. "J believes in marriage before sex, so no El, we won't be doing the dirty tonight." 

Eleanor looked up at me, shock written all over her face. Danielle was suspicious, but eventually let it go after Liam started whispering in her ear. Within minutes, everyone was in deep conversation. Harry and I just sat there, looking at each other. "Thank you for understanding." I said quietly. He nodded and took my hand again. "I love you, Jam; I respect your choices and I won't force you into anything you're not ready for." I smiled again and kissed his lips. "You're too sweet." I complimented and he grinned cheekily. 

"Hellooooooooooooooooo England! I'm your host, James Corden and welcome to the 2012 Brit Awards!" Everyone stood up as cheers and claps erupted. Harry pulled my chair closer to his -to the point where I was practically on top of him- as we sat back down.

Random celebrites came on stage, introducing acts and giving away the awards. Finally, some celebrity I had never heard of came up. "The nominees for best British single are: The A Team by Ed Sheeran," Many people clapped and woo'd. "Gold Forever by The Wanted," She continued. "And What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction!" 

Everyone, and I mean everyone, cheered loudly at the sound of their names. "And the winner is..." There was a long pause to build suspense, and we were all at the edge of our seats. "One Direction with What Makes You Beautiful!" She cheered into the microphone and the boys jumped up immediately. I stood up with Harry, wrapping my arms around his neck to kiss him, giving paparazzi the perfect photo opportunity. Snaps went off around us and the five boys ran on stage. 

"Thank you so much for this. We would like to thank our management for helping us get where we are now." Liam stated into the microphone, a big lazy smile on his face. "We'd also like to thank our fans! You're the reason we do this and we love you all!" Lou cut in, a smile on his as well. "Lastly, we'd like to thank our friends, family, and beautiful girlfriends in the audience tonight. They're our support on this tour, and they keep us tamed." Harry winked into the audience, practically making all the teenage girls melt. "We love you!" Niall yelled into the mic before they all ran off stage and back to us.