Chapter twenty two: "Put Your Hands Where I Can See Them!"

Liam's pov.

Worst nightmare? What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?

I was snapped out of my train of thought when Jessie, or Jami, or whoever she is, growled at this Matthew guy. "No Matthew. You already took one of my loved ones, you can't take another!" His face went serious, stopping his laughter. "I wasn't trying to kill him! It was you I wanted to kill!" He retaliated. "What the hell did you ever want from me? We broke up four years ago for crying out loud!" 

Woah. She dated this arse? "That doesn't mean I stopped loving you!" Matthew's eyes were cold and I could tell he was trying to trick her. Her eyes softened. No. No no no no no! She can't fall for his trap. Matthew smirked at me and I sent him a glare. 

"But you loved Jason. You always loved Jason! I'm sure you were cheating on me with him the entire time! So while I was trying to win your heart, you went slutting around with Jason. I had my revenge planned for so long, everything was supposed to go perfectly. But then he had to get in the way. For what? Love? Hah, there is no such thing as love!" He finished, a tear rolled down his face but he shooed it away.

"You killed the love of my damned life because you thought I cheated on you? Newsflash asshole, I would never cheat on anyone. You think I didn't love you? You broke up with me out of nowhere, and Jason was there to comfort me! He was my best friend. And I waited a whole damn year before I moved on.. So don't you dare call me a slut. Because if you haven't noticed, I'm the one with the fun right now." I smirked at Matthew but he just smirked back.

"J, if you don't shoot him I will." Harry growled from the back. He had been silent the entire time, but was still red with fury. "Just give me the sign, and I will kill this son-of-a-bitch." He spat at Matthew, who was curled up on the ground. 

She sighed in response. "Liam, turn around, duck, and cover your ears." She ordered. I nodded and turned away from the three of them, covered my ears and fell to the ground. I could still hear a bit, but not much. All I heard werre bits of sentences. "Harry.. Take... Home... Police.." Harry nodded and  Jami grabbed my hand. 

Jami pulled me out of the warehouse and ran me down the street. "Go back to the apartment. Don't tell anyone anything." She emphasized. I nodded. "Now go!" I started to walk away, turning back only to see Jami running at lightning speed back inside. "Jami!" I called. She turned back and I screamed to her. "Be safe." She nodded and smile genuinely before running inside.

Jami's pov.

Thank God Liam listened to me and just left. If he had tried to come back, he could've been killed. I walked back inside, gun in hand. I looked around and saw that Ry had handcuffed Matthew to a pole. I smiled to myself and walked over to him.

"How does it feel, Matthew? To know that you killed someone. Someone innocent. And that you just tried to kill someone that was also innocent!" His face fell from a stupid smirk to a frown. "I told you I didn't try to!" "Well you did!" I snapped quickly. "And now you get to rot in jail." I frowned at him.

I actually did love him when we dated, but he would occasionally go crazy. If he saw me with another guy, not only would he get jealous, but he would get into fights with them. There were a couple times when he would try and pick fights with Jason over me. No one could really calm him, so we'd all leave for the day and let him cool off on his own.

I'd learned my lesson with trying to help him calm when he smacked me, causing a much bigger and more physical fight between the two of us. 

"I refuse!" He yelled back, struggling against the chains. I leaned down so I was directly in front of Matthew, leaning close to his face. I could feel his breath on me, but ignored it. "You're going to regret everything you've ever done." I retreated, smirking and turned away from him.

"I regret being with you." My head snapped back around and I saw him glaring at me. "Good." I shrugged as sirens went off and the cops burst through the door.

"Put your hands where I can see them!"