Infatuated

Sapphire
I woke up to trying to get up before my father to make his breakfast to avoid his anger. I tried to run downstairs only to bump into my father trying to beat him down the stairs only for him to backhand me in the face.
"Dad not the face I have to work today"

"You should have have my breakfast ready" I shook my head he had gotten up earlier than he normally does I gotten so used to him hitting me but the tears still came. " I will go make it right now okay?."
I ran downstairs to the kitchen and made Pancakes,sausage,eggs. I sat his plate down in front of him.I waited for him to take a bite before I could relax . I poured his orange juice and cut a grapefruit and sprinkled it with sugar.

"I should get us a maid so you wouldn't have to worry about these things"he said polishing off his food. I didn't know if that was a trick.

"You don't have to dad I can manage " I sat down to eat sitting across from him .
"No no I insist you have been doing so well in perfect gpa it's a reward so have you thought about going off to college?"
I just got quiet I had gotten accepted in to several full ride scholarships.

" I got accepted into all the ones I applied for they include dorm and everything."

I finished my food and looked up at him.
"So you want to leave me huh?" He said walking over to me I got up and looked at him "NO I was just telling you"
I said backing up into the living room. He punched me in the stomach I landed hard on the carpet "You want to leave me how that bitch left?!!"

I laid there holding my stomach"No please" I said sobbing

"I am not her okay I was just saying" he lifted me up by my arms which I would knew would leave marks

"I gave her the world you know"

I nodded "she didn't deserve you "I said hoping it would calm him which it did. He sat me down on the floor. I let out a breath with tears streaming down my face.

"You should go clean yourself up" he said I nodded and limped up to my room.

I rarely ever thought about my mother who left when I was five , I couldn't understand how she could leave me with him knowing how abusive he was.

The first time he hit me I was 9 but it wasn't till I was 14 I got my first black eye. I just accepted that was how he showed me love even though it never felt like it. I accepted the fact that she was never coming back and more than likely I never escape him. I showered and it soothed the pain in my stomach even though I had a purple bruise forming , my arms were red from the way he grabbed me.

I looked at my face in the mirror it wasn't bruised where he hit me so that was a win in my book. I applied my makeup and got dressed. I was about to graduate with all my credits completed I didn't have to go to school.

So I took extra shifts at the botique I worked at. I heard a knock at my door and I jumped

"Hey I just wanted to give you some shopping money so you can get something nice."

I smiled "Oh you didn't have to thanks dad" I was used this it was his way of apologizing. I took the money he gave me

"You think that's enough?' I counted "uh it should be" I said

"I give you extra just in case" he gave me another five thousand. I gave him a soft hug
"thanks I don't want to make you late dad"

I watched him finish getting ready for work I watched him leave. I put the money in purse and headed out the door.

My dad was a successful stock trader so he was very rich I would have the ideal life aside from my mom not being here. I hopped in my 2014 Tesla and put on my drill iHeartRadio station I loved anytype of violent music because that's how I felt inside. I cruised to the Southside of Chicago where Trap boutique was located. I parked the car and clocked in. " Hey Sapphire we got some cool fashionable items in today you might want to take a look." I smiled at Miaisha