Chapter 39

~Jo~

The next day we get up early, as my dad suggested we all go to beach today.

I pack a bag for the beach for Hero and I. I walk over to the drawers and grab a bikini.

As Im putting on my black polka dot Victoria Secret bikini. Hero walks into the room.

"Mmm mmm mmm" I turn round and see Hero looking me up and down and licking his lips

I shake my head. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me. He pulls me in and kisses me softly on the lips.

"I'm the luckiest man in the world" he says

I stand in tiptoe and place my hands on his shoulders. "I know you are" I whisper into his ear and giggle

Then there's a knock our door.

"Yeah!" I shout out

"Are you guys nearly ready" my dad shouts through the door

"Yeah one sec" I say.

I slide on my jean shorts and button up my stripped shirt. Hero grabs the bag I've packed and opens the door.

We head outside and to the car that my dad had packed up for us. Hero puts our bag in the trunk.

I scoot into the middle seat and Hero climbs in next to me. Moments later Katherine walks out of the house and gets in the other side next to me.

After about an hour in the car, we arrive at the beach. We get out of the car and head round to the back to get all the things that my dad packed.

"Dad, we're only here for a day" Katherine says

"Maybe I got a little carried away" he replies

"MAYBE, you got a little carried away..." I say and we all laugh.

He hands mum her bag. He turns to me and hands me my bag and a bag full of snacks. He then hands Katherine her bag and a parasol. He then hands Hero the folding chairs and then takes out the drinks cooler.

We all head down to the beach and find a perfect spot.

Hero sets out the chairs and Katherine opens the parasol and places it in between some of the chairs.

My parents take the two seats closest to the parasol. Katherine takes the sit next to my mum. I sit down next to my dad and Hero sits down next to me.

"Do you want a beer son?" my dad asks Hero

"Yeah sure" he says. My hands tosses him a beer

"Thanks" Hero says and opens the beer.

I get out the sun lotion and rub it into my legs. I take off my shirt and hand the lotion to Hero.

"Can you do my back please" I ask

"Sure" he says and takes the lotion from me.

I turn with my back facing him. He softly rubs the lotion onto my back.

"All done" he says moments later and places the lotion on the sand.

"Thanks babe" I reply.
——————————————————————-

~Hero~

While the girls are down by the water. I take the seat next to Jo's dad.

"You ok son, you seem nervous. What's the matter?" he says softly and hands me another beer.