1: Detention

Ready?

Let's go!

"Reagan, you have detention."

I heard everyone start chuckling as Miss Allen made sure the whole class knew that I had gotten into trouble by saying it in front of everyone, loud and clear.

Looking at her, she gave me a look before turning back towards the board. I let out a loud breath and that caught her attention as she turned around and looked at me.

"Do you want to make that more?"

"No." I said as we stared at each other before she broke eye contact to turn back around. I took this opportunity to burn holes in the back of her head and held my pencil a little too tight before it broke.

It made a noise and that caught her attention again as she turned around once more and looked directly at me before placing her marker down on her desk then crossing her arms.

"Reagan, you are really testing my patience today. I know it's a new day and you have more tricks up your sleeve to mess with me but I won't hesitate to send you to the principal."

Everyone was looking at me, shaking their heads or covering their mouth to not laugh out loud.

"Sorry." I said through my teeth.

She turns around and I look up at the clock to see ten more minutes left.

I look down at my broken pencil before realizing I couldn't use it anymore. I didn't have any other so I just sat there and listened to the lecture without banging my head against the desk.

When class finally ended, I grabbed my bag before standing up and tried making it out the door as I was hiding behind some students but I was caught.

"Where do you think you're going?" Miss Allen was sitting at her desk then stared at me with an amused look.

"To my locker. To grab something."

She slowly nods. "Five minutes."

I fake smiled at her before rolling my eyes once I walked towards the door. I sighed when I walked out the room and went to my locker without getting trampled on by some freshmen running down the hall.

Using my locker combination, I unlocked it before opening it and realizing I didn't need anything out of it.

"I don't want to do this."

"Do what?"

I look over to see Connor standing next to me. "Be alive."

"What did you do this time?"

"Got detention. What's new?"

"With Miss Allen?"

I gave him a smile. "Of course. The only teacher who hates me. Dealing with her for four years just does something, dude."

"I don't think she hates you." He leans on the locker next to me. "Just.. you get on her nerves."

"Says who? You're not in that class with me. Ask anyone. She picks me out and gets me in trouble for no reason."

"Mhm." He smiles, which I knew what he was thinking.

I shut my locker before turning around and leaning against it. I sighed as I felt the cold metal against the back of my head. "What teacher makes a student stay after class almost everyday? A teacher that either likes that student or hates them and buddy.. I'm not on her like list."

"Excuses." He smiles. "Admit that you act up a lot. Get into trouble and maybe you'll see her point of view."

"I love how it's all my fault." I look over at him before leaning off the locker. "Like.. it's my fault my ex cheated on me? It's my fault that I have the shittiest life? A stupid step-mom thing. A father who makes me so mad cause of this stupid step-mom thing."