8: A Mess

Monday came and when I handed Miss Allen the assignment, she was definitely caught off guard. I couldn't help but smile as she was looking through the papers and I could tell she was surprised.

She kept looking at me throughout the whole class, even calling on me some times to answer some questions.

I knew she was surprised that I actually did the assignment and with Blake's help, I actually did really good.

I had to thank Blake for helping me cause there's no way I could have finished it that night.

Now I didn't have to deal with Miss Allen cause the assignment was done.

She told me she was proud of me once class was over. She kept me after everyone left just to tell me that I did a great job and she was surprised.

It's probably the fact that I never turn anything in and I don't do so great on any assignments.

I just gave her a smile before walking out.

She reminded everyone that a test was coming up and that made me a little nervous. I didn't really know the shit we were learning so I had to study to make sure I don't fail.

I need to pass English cause I won't be able to graduate if I fail again.

That can't happen.

I need to graduate and leave.

I guess it's time to get serious.

The week went on and the test was coming up. She told everyone that it would be Friday and she gave us a whole week to study.

I did manage to study everynight when I got home. I had to shut the door cause I could hear dad and Blake laughing downstairs and it was keeping me from focusing.

Sometimes I would listen to music cause it helped me study. I had to put my headphones on a few nights cause I could hear nothing but noises downstairs and it was driving me crazy.

Connor and Amelia came over a few hours ago and we've been rehearsing everyday this week.

I think we were ready.

We had less than three weeks now and I was excited.

As I was sitting there, trying to study, I kept hearing noises downstairs. It was getting to the point where I wanted to throw shit cause my anger was getting to me.

I got up and walked out the door before going downstairs, hearing dad yell something as I walked into the kitchen.

He was standing there holding a beer and it didn't surprise me.

He looks at me and smiles. "There she is."

"I'm trying to study. Can you be a little quieter?"

"Sorry."

Looking at him, I knew that wasn't a genuine sorry but I ignored it as I walked out and went back upstairs. I was done with this and I wasn't about to fail cause my dad can't shut the hell up.

I sat back down and looked down at the papers before sighing and grabbing one before reading.

As I was reading, I heard a door slam then it went quiet. I looked towards the door before looking back at the papers then hearing a truck start up and I knew it was dad.

Sighing, I shook my head before hearing a slight knock on the door. "Come in." I look towards it and saw Blake walk in before slightly smiling at me.

"I'm sorry. I tried keeping him quiet but he wouldn't listen since he was drunk."

"It's fine. I just have a test tomorrow."