33: Proposal

"What?"

I look at her, trying to process what she just told me.

She looks at me and I could see all the emotions in her eyes as she looks away. "I don't know what to do."

"When did you find out.. that?"

I saw her shake her head before looking over at me. "He came to talk to me. Telling me how sorry he was and I've heard it so many times before." She looks away"

"As he was talking to me.. I realized that the love I have for him wasn't there anymore." She looks over at me. "It's for you."

Staring at her, I saw her start crying as she placed her head in her hands. She leaned over and cried as all I could do was sit there.

I didn't know what to do.

I was just as lost as she was on what to do.

After a moment, she wiped her eyes before shaking her head. "I feel terrible. I feel absolutely terrible." She sniffs before sighing.

Looking down at the papers and everything on my bed, I picked them up before packing them together and placing them on the floor.

"Come here." I said as I looked at her.

She looks over before moving on the bed and I held her before laying back. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back as she cried against my shoulder.

"What am I going to do?" She cried.

Holding onto her, I didn't answer her cause I didn't have an answer.

I wasn't sure what she was going to do.

I didn't know what I was doing to do.

Something was bound to happen though.

Just didn't know when.

-

Blake had fell asleep on me and I had to gently push her off. I covered her up before walking out of the room and downstairs before seeing dad in the kitchen.

He was leaning on the counter as a bottle of whiskey was in front of him. I shook my head as I walked in more before seeing him look over at me.

"Reagan."

"Don't."

I saw him watching me as I was going to the fridge and grabbing a soda. I opened it, looking at him and chugging it.

"Where's Blake?" He asks.

"She fell asleep in my room cause she was helping me with homework."

He sighs before leaning his head down. "I'm breaking her heart."

I look at him for a moment before tossing my can in the trash. "Dad, you're breaking all of our hearts. Not just hers."

"What am I going to do?"

Looking at him, I shrug as I knew there wasn't anything for him to do cause it was too late.

Blake lost feelings.

"I need to make things right."

"You need to stop saying that cause you always break the words you say. You need to stop acting like this and actually get your life together. You were never like this when mom was alive."

He looks at me for a moment before looking away. "Things were different."

"I know things were different. It was better, actually. But it still gives you no right to act like this. Treat your partner and daughter like shit."