20: Not In The Right Mindset

All weekend, I stayed with Connor. I had work Sunday but it was only half a day for me. I went in at nine and got out at one.

Which was nice cause I had a lot more time afterwards to do whatever I wanted.

Connor and I went into town and did some things. We went out to eat, played some games at the local arcade and just rode around while listening to music.

But as the day was going on, I never once thought about Blake.

I was having a lot of fun with Connor and it made me forget about all that.

Only for a little while.

When it was getting later, I had to go back cause school was tomorrow. I had some texts from dad, asking when I was coming home and I told him that I was coming home soon.

As soon as I stepped into my house, I felt better than I did before I left. I actually felt like all this shit was over with and the feelings went away for good.

The bruises on my arm was fading away from when I was beating myself up that night, which was good.

When I walked up to my room, I heard dad in the living room but he wasn't calling me so I went upstairs before he did.

I shut the door and walked around my room for a moment before looking over at the mic, guitar and drum set.

"I wish you were here, mom." I sat on my bed and stared at all the instruments for a moments before shutting my eyes.

It made me miss her even more every time I see that mic stand in my room. I knew she loved it and was always behind it everyday.

We would rock out together.

I smiled at that before looking around. I got up and walked to my mirror, seeing all the pictures scattered on my dresser and saw the one with my mom.

As I picked it up, I smiled at it before hearing something outside my door. I looked towards it before placing the picture down and listening before hearing it again.

I walked to it and opened it before hearing Blake scream once she walks past it. I saw her hold her hand over her chest before hearing dad yell from downstairs.

"It's ok! Reagan just scared me!" She looks at me and smiles. "I didn't know you were home."

"Just got home." I said as I held the door open.

"Why didn't you let us know?"

I shrug before looking down the hall then back at her. "I'm going to get some clothes up and get in the shower."

As I started shutting the door, I felt her push it open before walking inside. I stared at her as I backed up to my bed as she standing in the doorway.

"Is everything ok?"

"You always ask that. Yeah, everything is fine."

She kept looking at me and I could see it on her face that she didn't believe anything I was saying.

"You can talk to me, Reagan. You've been acting weird ever since Friday night."

I shrugged as I stared at her. "I don't know."

"Reagan,"

"I need to get a shower." I went to my dresser and looked through it before grabbing some clothes out. I saw Blake still standing there, watching me.

As I was gathering clothes up, I saw Blake still standing there and watching me. "Reagan.. whatever is bothering you, I want to help. We've been getting along so well the last few weeks."