15: More Bonding

Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi^

"That was amazing!" Amelia yells after we were done rehearsing.

I felt amazing but my throat was dry as fuck. I had already chugged down five water bottles in the last two hours cause all this singing was killing my throat.

Amelia was going on and on about how amazing I sounded and Connor was agreeing with her.

It felt good.

They did an awesome job also and I told them that we all rocked together.

We sounded amazing.

"I cannot wait." Amelia said.

Connor nodded as he took a sip of his water. "We got this shit."

"Hell yeah." Amelia smiles. She looks at her phone before groaning. "Shit, I need to leave. My mom is pissed for some reason."

She said her goodbye as I was sitting on the bed, chugging my water. I saw Connor place the guitar down and smiled over at me.

"We did good. Are you ready?"

"Of course."

"I'm glad you agreed to sing."

I nodded as I saw him look around for a moment. "Me too. I think I'll do great."

"I know you will." He smiles before his phone starts ringing. I watch as he answers then talks for a moment before hanging up. "That was my mom. I got to go."

"Ok." We shot each other a rock on sign before saying goodbye.

After he left, I sighed as I sat there for a moment then got up and walked out of the room. I wanted something to eat and I needed to see if Blake was making anything for dinner.

I walked into the kitchen but didn't see her anywhere. I grabbed a soda from the fridge and saw the clock on the wall that read six, which was weird cause we usually have dinner not long after this time.

After I had my soda, I walked around the kitchen before walking out. I opened the soda before taking a sip then walking to the living room but didn't see Blake.

I stood there for a moment before yelling. "Blake!" I looked around until I went back upstairs, trying to find out where the hell she went.

As I was walking past the bathroom, I heard something coming from down the hall. I looked down there and walked towards dad's room that past mine.

Standing next to it, I listened as I could heard crying and knew it was Blake. I slightly knocked then listened for a moment before opening the door and seeing her sitting on the bed.

She looks up at me before wiping her eyes. I walked further in before walking to her and bending down, placing my soda on the floor next to me. "Blake?"

"I'm sorry." She wipes her eyes and tried standing up. I stood up and helped her as I looked at her. "Sorry."

"Why?"

She wipes her eyes again before looking at me. "Everything. I feel like I'm failing at everything lately."

"Cause of dad?"

I saw her shrug as she grabs her shirt and wipes her eyes. She looks at me for a moment before walking around me and leaving the room.

Grabbing my soda, I walked out the room and followed her down the stairs. I watched as she went into the kitchen and started looking through cabinets as I was standing in front of the counter.

"What do you want for dinner?"

I continued to look at her until she looked over and saw me watching her. "Are we not going to talk about why you were crying?"