25: Stuck

All I heard was yelling for the next hour.

I stayed in my room but decided to get on the drums and played a little but very softly so I could still hear what was going on.

Blake was the one that was mostly yelling cause I didn't hear dad at all. I may have heard him a few times but Blake was over-powering him.

After another few minutes, it got quiet and I heard a door slam from downstairs. I stopped drumming and listened as I heard another door slam then looked towards my door.

I hit the drums a little before I heard my door open. I saw Blake walk in before slamming the door and I sat there watching her as she stood there.

"I'm so pissed." She ran her hands over her face. "Chad left again." She crosses her arms as she looks over at me.

"What did y'all fight about?"

She chuckles before shaking her head. "He promised me we would go out tonight then cancelled. He's drinking every fucking night." She looks somewhere and stared for a moment.

"I'm sorry." I saw her look over at me. "I wish I knew why my dad was acting like this."

She stares at me for a moment. "We need to talk."

Sighing, I nod before standing up and placing the sticks down before walking over and standing at the end of the bed.

"I'm already frustrated and don't need to be more, so please just tell me the truth Reagan."

"You sure you want that?"

She looks at me. "Yes."

I sighed before looking away and staring at the mirror for a moment. "I don't know what happened or how it happened. All I know is that I.." I held my hand up and barely touched my index and thumb together. "have some sort of feelings.. about this much.. for you."

Looking over at her, I saw her staring at me. I pulled my hand down before crossing my arms and staring somewhere without looking at her.

"For how long?" She said after a long few moments.

I shrugged as I look over at her. "Last Thursday. But before you say anything.. don't remind me that you're my dad's girlfriend. I know it's wrong and I really wish I didn't feel this way. I don't know how feelings come up but I didn't intend on this to happen."

"Is that why you've been acting weird?"

"Not just because of that." I shrugged. "Cause of everything else that's been going on in my life. My dad is acting like an asshole all the time time now."

I sat on the bed and stared at the wall before seeing Blake walk over and sit down next to me.

"Reagan.."

"Don't." I look over at her. "Don't say it. I already know. It wasn't like I was expecting anything to come out of it anyways. Just stupid feelings that I wish would go away."

After sitting there for a few minutes, I heard a phone ringing from downstairs and saw Blake get up and walk out.

I stared at the door for a moment before getting up and walking back to my drum set. I grabbed the sticks and thought for a moment before shaking my head then hitting the drums a few times before going absolutely crazy.

Letting all my frustrations out.

-

Waking up to screaming wasn't something I planned on doing.

I found myself on the opposite end of the bed with no blankets on and I was still in the clothes I wore last night.

Wiping my face, I got up before stumbling my way to my door and out before hearing the yells even louder.