7: A Little Help

"Reagan?"

I woke up to my dad standing in my doorway. I turn over and saw him walk in before sitting on the edge of the bed.

Stretching, I look at him for a moment before squinting my eyes. "Yeah?" I look over at the clock and saw that it was a little past six in the morning.

"You going to work today?"

Laying my head back on my pillow, I sighed before nodding. "Yes. Why are you waking me up this early?"

"Just making sure you're going to work."

I stare at him with the most confused face as he gets up and walks out of the room. I lay there for a moment before realizing that now I'm confused, I won't be going to sleep again.

"Fuck."

Getting up, I grabbed my phone and texted Connor to tell him that my dad came in my room and woke me up just to ask if I was going to work.

It was stupid and so damn confusing.

I swear that man is losing it.

After waking up more, I walked to the bathroom and did my business before splashing water on my face. I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment before wiping my face on the towel and walking out.

I walked downstairs and to the kitchen where dad was at. I stared at him for a moment before realizing that he was drunk.

It's been a while since he was drunk, so it was a little surprising to me when I saw him standing in the kitchen and leaning over the counter.

"Dad." I saw him lean up and look at me, which I could clearly see now that he was drunk cause he couldn't stand straight. "Did you go out and drink?"

He rubs his eyes for a moment before I heard Blake walk into the kitchen. I look over to see her standing there before she asks what was wrong.

"He's drunk."

The last time my dad went out to drink was a few years ago. It's been a while and seeing him like this makes me wonder what was going on.

"At six in the morning?" Blake asks as she walks to him. I notice she was wearing an oversized shirt but couldn't see if she was wearing any shorts.

I sure hope so.

"You got him?" I ask, looking at Blake.

She nods and that was my queue to leave the kitchen. I hated seeing my dad in his drunken state of mind cause it brought back too many memories.

I let Blake handle it as I got ready for work.

-

"Thank you, come again." I smiled at the customer as she left then leaned on the counter and rubbed my eyes.

I was so tired that it wasn't even funny.

Before I left this morning, dad was passed out on the couch and Blake seemed to be handling the situation good.

I just hated when my dad started drinking. I thought he quit years ago before mom passed but I remember him getting drunk a few weeks after mom passed and I had to take care of him.

He only had gotten drunk a few times since Blake has been here and it always ends up with him going out during the night and coming back home drunk.

It was stupid.

As I was looking around the store, I heard the chime on the door then looked over to see Blake walking in. I leaned up as she was walking towards the counter then slightly smiled at me once she stopped.