36: Falling Unexpectedly

After that day, days seemed longer and weeks were torture as months were miserable. I saw a change and even though I didn't want it to come to this, it was a good change.

Blake left and never came back.

Dad started getting better and he went to therapy over his problems that he was dealing with on the low. I never knew what he was going through cause he never told me but I was happy for him.

My life was a little better and it was a relief but also a little heartbreaking cause it was a change I didn't want happening but needed.

I went to school, did my best and got better at my grades and everything was getting better for me.

Telling Connor was something I had to do and he was shock, confused and a little lost. I told him that it was what it was cause it's my path.

I guess Miss Allen was right about that cause the path my life was taking was something I hated the most but it was also a big step to my future happiness.

Amelia came around and I talked to her about what happened. We became friends again, but I wasn't sure if we were ever not friends after that night.

I was enjoying life and my school life.

I was happy.

Something I haven't been in years.

My relationship with my dad got better. We did things together and was actually a family again after all these years.

It was like he changed for the better.

It was great.

My work life was amazing and I got promoted, so I was making more money now and even more hours with longer weekdays.

Making more money was something I wanted cause I was already saving so much money that I didn't know what to do with it.

When I counted the money in my safe, I had over fifty grand. I was surprised but also super happy cause I knew that it was going to come in handy once I graduate.

The school year was amazing and when prom came around, I went with Connor and Amelia. We went as a group and had the time of our lives.

Spring break, we went to the lake and stayed out all night roaming the town and doing dumb shit.

We were on top of the world and it was something I've been missing in my life.

I never did once forget about Blake though and she was on the back of my mind a lot. I tried not thinking about her too much cause she was in the past and was no longer here.

Dad never found out about us and I'm glad for that. I didn't even want to bring it up cause it has now been three months since all of that happened.

Three long months of nothing but happiness.

When graduation night came, I was more than happy and it felt like a dream. I had a smile on my face throughout the whole night and being underneath those lights on that football field was something unexplainable.

I was asked to perform a song that night and I couldn't say no. I had the whole field loving it as I was playing it for the class of two thousand and sixty three.

When the caps went flying into the sky, I was swept up by Connor as he spun me around. I screamed and pumped my arms up as I was so damn happy and everything was coming true for me.

Miss Allen gave me a graduation gift and told me that she was proud of me. I thanked her a million times for all that she's done for me and I apologized for being a dumbass in her class.