34: Wounded

Emotions by Ollie^

Standing there, dad was bent on one knee as Blake was staring at him. I kept watching as she was looking over at me before looking back at him but not saying anything.

"I.." Blake said but nothing else.

Dad smiles before standing up and taking the ring out of the box before grabbing her hand and sliding the ring on before pulling her towards him and kissed her.

I stared at them until they pulled back then dad looks over at me and smiles. "Reagan, come here." I shook my head as I stayed there. "Reagan."

Shaking my head, I stood there as Blake was looking at me and I could tell she didn't know what to do cause I didn't either.

Dad was talking to her, smiling then pulled her towards him and kissed her again.

That's when I walked out of the living room.

"Reagan!"

I walked upstairs before hearing running then turned around to see Blake running up the stairs before reaching me.

Dad was right behind her.

"Reagan." Blake cried as she pulled me to her and I saw dad stop at the top of the stairs, looking at us.

Blake kept crying as I was shushing her and dad was walking towards us. I patted her back and tried pulling away but she was holding onto me.

"What's going on?" Dad asks. "Blake?"

When she pulls back, she looks at me with tears in her eyes and I slightly smiled at her. "It's ok."

"No." She cried.

"Blake."

She turns around to face my dad as he was staring at her then looking at me. I knew he was confused cause he kept looking between us then settled his eyes on Blake.

"What's going on?"

"I..." She sniffed before pulled the ring off of her hand and giving it back to him. "I can't."

He stood there, staring down at the ring until his eyes looks up at her. "You can't what?"

"I can't marry you." She cried.

"Why?" He looks at me then back at her. "Why Blake? Why!" He yells.

That made her cry more and she turns around before covering her face and leaning against me. I wrap my arms around her as dad was watching me.

"She-"

"Do you know why?" He looks at me. I shook my head then tried to speak but he spoke. "If you do then say it! I need an explanation!" He yells.

I stood there, holding onto Blake and I didn't know what to do. I was so lost at the moment and everything was happening so fast.

"Reagan!"

"I don't know!" I yelled back. "I seriously don't know!"

He stares at me for a moment. "She's hugging you! Crying on your shoulder! You know something! Why are you keeping things from me!" I tried talking but he was talking over me.

"You are just like Candence. Always keeping shit from me! You go behind my back about everything!" He yells. "I knew there was something you both was keeping from me cause the way you were getting close!"

Blake leans off of me before turning around towards him. I saw her wipe her eyes as dad was staring at her.

"Chad-"