32: Faded

We walked into a restaurant that was way nicer than I thought. I looked around at everything and was completely mesmerized cause the whole place was amazing.

Dad and Blake was walking in front of me and I saw dad's hand around Blake's waist, pulling her closer to him but I looked away.

The ride here was torture cause dad was playing his stupid music and I was riding in the back while they held hands and laughed about stupid shit.

I had to stop myself from throwing myself out of the car while we were speeding down the road.

That would have been a dream come true.

But throughout the car ride, I kept looking at Blake. She was mainly looking out the window or looking over at dad when he said something to her.

I stared at her, hoping she would look back at me when her face was turned.

But she never did.

I had a sick feeling in my stomach while watching them laugh together, hold hands, kiss when I wasn't looking and all that dumb shit.

It was going to be a long night.

When we got to our booth, I saw Blake sit down first before dad scooted in. I watch as he smiles at me but I faked smiled before looking over at the waiter as he was taking our drink orders.

After he left, we looked through our menus and I wasn't really hungry. I just scanned the menu and tried finding something that wasn't too big but enough to make it seem like I was hungry.

I look up from my menu to look over at Blake as she was looking through her menu. I kept my eyes on her until dad spoke, which made me look over at him.

"This is nice." He smiles. "Out with my two girls. Having a family time."

I stare at him before fake smiling then looking back at the menu. I didn't see anything that I wanted so I just placed the menu down and stared out the window.

Placing my elbow on the table, I propped my chin in my palm and watched out the window. I saw some cars go by and the people walking past the window before looking over at dad when he said something.

"I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

I watch as he got up before walking away. I looked back out the window, looking at everything before looking over at Blake after she placed her menu down.

She sighs as she stares at the menu that was on the table before looking up and meeting my eyes. I slightly smile before looking back out the window, feeling my chest cave in every time I look at her.

I felt her grab my arm before holding my hand across the table. I look down at it before looking up at her as she was looking down at our hands before looking back up at me.

Looking at her made me realize that I was definitely, without a doubt in love with her and this whole crushing thing wasn't just small feelings anymore.

It was something serious.

Should I tell her?

I'm scared to.

Blake sat there, staring at our hands and not saying anything. I kept watching her as our hands were together and I saw her reach over with her other hand before placing it on top of ours.

"Reagan,"

I look over to see dad walking towards us and I quickly pull my hand back. I saw Blake look at me before looking over to see dad sitting down in the booth.