16: Struck

The adrenaline running through my veins as I was playing the drums as loud and hard as I could was something I would never get tired of.

I can let all my emotions and anger out as I play the drums, not having a care in the world and just rock out as hard as I could.

"Reagan!"

I kept playing as I was into the music, letting my arms do all the work and hitting every beat as hard as I could while smiling at the same time.

"Reagan!"

Looking up, I saw Blake standing in the doorway and I stopped as I looked at her. "Yeah?" I breathed out as I could feel sweat falling down my face before I wiped it.

"You ok?" She asks as she came into the room more and stood in front of me before looking around.

"Yeah, why?"

"I could hear you all the way downstairs." She stares at me. "It's five in the morning."

I nod as I reached over and grabbed a water bottle before taking a sip. "I know. I couldn't sleep last night. I'm sorry. I forgot that.. it was so early in the morning."

She crosses her arms and stares at me. "Are you sure you're ok?"

I nodded. "Did I wake you up?"

"I was already awake."

Looking at her, I nodded before taking another sip of my water and placing it on the floor. I looked over the drum set before looking up at her. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok." She smiles. "Just wanted to make sure you were ok."

"I tend to play hard when I have a lot on my mind. I apologize."

"Anything you want to talk about?"

I shook my head as I looked at her. "No."

I saw her nod as she kept looking at me. "Ok. Do you want some breakfast?"

"Sure."

She smiles before walking out of the room. I sighed as I look around before playing again on the drums.

The song I love playing the most was In The End by Linkin Park.

Especially on the drums cause it sounds badass and it was awesome to play.

But the song I was playing before Blake walked in was a song by Olivia Rodrigo. I heard it a few times and I learnt how to play it on the drums and it's really fun to play.

After I was done, I walked downstairs and went to the kitchen where Blake was. I saw her standing in front of the stove as I walked to the fridge and grabbed a soda.

"Soda for breakfast?"

I saw Blake looking at me and I nodded before opening it. "Yep." I chugged it down before smiling at her and walking to the stove. "What are you cooking?"

"Bacon and eggs." She was frying some eggs and they looked amazing. "You can make toast."

"I can do that." I grabbed the bread before walking to the toaster and placing two slices in and turning it on.

After that, I finished my soda then tossed it in the trash before grabbing some milk out of the fridge. I wanted some chocolate milk, so I poured me a cup before putting the milk back up.

"So," Blake said as she looked over at me. "why couldn't you sleep?"

I shrugged before taking a sip then looking at her. "Just a lot of dreams.. about my mom."