3: A Walk Around

Connor and I were walking out our neighborhood that afternoon. It was Wednesday, which meant that the weekend was coming up and I was glad.

I get to work and have fun afterwards.

Having school five days a week was too stressful and I didn't enjoy it. They need to cut the hours down and the days and then maybe that would help the students not stress so much.

School is a nightmare.

"When we graduate and grow old, we still gonna be best friends?"

I look over at Connor and gave him a confused look. "Of course? Why wouldn't we be?"

"I've always heard that friends in high school stop being friends after graduating."

Shaking my head, I kicked a rock as I saw it on the ground. "That won't happen to us." I smiled before punching his arm as we continued to walk.

It was around five in the afternoon and the sun wasn't setting yet.

The street light haven't came on yet and I saw a few kids playing in the yard when we passed by. I smiled at them as I could see their parents watching them from the porch of their house.

"I like this neighborhood." Connor said.

I nod as I look around and saw a lot of houses with their lights on.

"It's ok." I wasn't a huge fan of this neighborhood.

Been living here for all my life and I can't seem to think why anyone would want to live here. It's the most boring town ever and it's small.

"The town sucks though."

Connor looks at me before shrugging. "Depends."

"What do you mean it depends?"

"I like it. Just cause it has a lot of cool and neat history."

I sigh. "Here we go."

"What?"

Looking at him, I chuckle. "Dude, I know you're obsessed with the history of the town but we weren't born then so why care?"

"You don't like reading about the history of murders here?" I shook my head. "I love serial killers."

"I know this."

He shrugs. "Learn about it and you'll grow to love it."

"How did you get into all this again? I forgot."

"I've been reading on it."

"Yeah, but how did you know this town even had all that."

He smiles before looking around. "I heard some things."

"What things."

"From like residents here. I overhear their conversations all the time at the store. Always talking about it."

"So you eavesdrop now. Cool." I shook my head as we passed by more houses.

He pushes me slightly as we kept walking. I enjoy the time with Connor when he's here cause we always leave the house and walk around the neighborhood cause we're bored.

Connor always says that when we leave, it gives my dad and Blake alone time and that made me almost puke one day.

I literally stopped and bent over, holding my stomach as I could feel the vomit start coming up through my throat.

It was digusting.

Thinking about that- not that I ever do- always makes me want to throw up. I couldn't stand the thought of them doing anything let alone kiss or cuddle when we have a movie night.