10: Day In The City

When we got back home, dad started saying how sorry he was but I saw where he was mostly talking to Blake. He grabbed her on the arms, telling her that he was sorry that he kept drinking and he was going to get better.

Never once told me that he was sorry.

I saw Blake give me a look as I was standing there watching my dad ignore me, yet again.

I left them and went upstairs for the remainder of the evening. I was tired of this bullshit and I couldn't wait to leave this place and never look back.

Connor texted me later than night and asked what I was doing this weekend.

I told him that Blake wanted to do something together.

Then I told him what happened earlier.

It was still playing in my mind.

I tried not getting angry about it but I've been holding my anger in for too long when it comes to my dad.

One day I won't hold back and let it all out.

The next day, Blake woke me up kind of early and asked if I was still going with her today. I asked her where we were even going and she had wherever I wanted to go.

It was around nine when we got ready and left as dad was still sleeping.

I asked Blake if she even let dad know we were leaving and she said she would send him a text later today.

He didn't drink any last night or go out so I knew he would be up kind of early.

Earlier than noon anyways.

After we were ready to go, we got into Blake's car and left a few moments later. I was looking out the window mostly as music was softly playing on the radio and we were driving down the street.

We passed by Richards street and I stared at it for a moment before looking over at Blake. "Richards street has a cool street sign." She looks at me for a moment before looking back at the road. "It's like holographic. It changes color in the sun and when you walk around it."

"That is cool. How did you know that?"

"Me and Connor went walking one afternoon and saw it." I look out the window again before looking over at Blake. "Are we going to do something in town or what?"

She looks at me and smiles. "What do you want to do?"

"You're driving. I don't care."

"No." She smiles before looking at the road. "It's up to you. Whatever you want to do."

I look at her before smiling. "Let's go skydiving." I joked, knowing she wouldn't do it.

"Ok."

Looking at her, I gave her a confused look. "Ok what?"

"Let's do it." She looks at me. "Is that what you want to do?"

"Um.. yeah. I've always wanted to sky dive." I kept looking at her as she was looking at the road before nodding.

"Alright," She looks over at me for a moment. "we'll go do that."

Looking at her, I couldn't believe she was going with what I said. I've always wanted to skydive, but I was joking to see if she would actually say yes.

On the way there, we talked a little bit and I actually got to know more about her. The last five years, I really didn't care about getting to know her or even acknowledge her.

Now I'm actually spending time with her and it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

She told me about her teenage years and I laughed a little when she said she would sneak out to be with her friends.