19: Sunset View

Connor and I were walking around the neighborhood. I made sure that we didn't continue to walk down our road cause my dad or Blake would see me and I didn't want that.

So we walked down Richards Street instead and it was nice.

I needed my head cleared so much.

Connor didn't ask any questions when I pulled up to his house and told him that I needed a walk.

He did ask why I drove here when I lived right down the road.

I just told him that I was out riding around and thought I would stop by to walk around with him.

"So.. what's up?" Connor asked as we were walking.

I looked around before looking over at him. "Nothing. Just needed to get out of the house for a while. I needed some fresh air and wanted to hang with you."

He nods as he looks at me before looking around. "Anything going on at the house? Your dad still acting stupid?"

"Not right now. He's doing good. Staying sober and acting like a father."

"That's good."

I shrugged as I look around. "I guess."

"So, did you do what Amelia asked?" I look at him and gave him a confused look. "When she said something about Blake making your dad act like that."

"Oh. I don't think she was. I overheard my dad tell Blake that the reason he was drinking was because he was trying to kill the memory of my mom for good."

He nods as we kept walking, looking around at all the houses as we walked by. "I guess it's good that you're spending more time together. At least you're bonding."

"Yeah." I said as I didn't want to talk about it anymore

When we walked past some houses, I saw some people outside of their houses. They looked to be adults but I didn't see any kids running around or anything.

Richards Street was a nice street.

Can't believe I never went down here before or even glanced this way.

"I love this cold weather." Connor said as he looked up at the sky.

I looked up also as the sun was about to start setting in an hour or two. I got off at four and it was a little after five now, which meant that the sun would be setting soon.

"Want to watch the sun set?"

Connor looks at me and nods. "Sure. We can sit on my roof since my house faces west. It'll be nice."

"Hell yeah." I smile as we kept walking, seeing some people outside and seeing nothing but women down this street.

Looking around, I saw an empty house that was off to the side. It had a fence around it and a No Trespassing sign on the fence.

It looked like an old house but it was still standing.

"Weird now that house doesn't look like the other houses." Connor said. "All the other houses look the same."

Looking around, he wasn't wrong. The houses down this street looked all the same besides the one we just past by.

"Maybe that house was the first one that was built down here."

We continued to walk and saw a few people outside. When we past by, they waved and we waved back as we continued to walk until we made it to the end of the road.

"Are we walking around or going back down the street?"

"We can walk around."

I didn't want anyone seeing me from my house but maybe they were inside and not paying attention.