23: Time to Forget

The week went by pretty fast and nothing too crazy happened.

Dad came home that morning drunk out of his mind and I for the first time, I caught Blake yelling at him. I overheard them when I was getting ready and she told him off.

It surprised me cause I never heard her yell before.

But she was pissed

And I didn't blame her.

It's been a rollercoaster throughout the week cause I still was feeling something towards Blake but was trying to distance myself away from her at the same time.

Dad was back on his stupid shit and this time Blake wasn't taking it lightly.

They fought more and they've never fought before.

Maybe few arguments here and there but this as full on yelling.

I was in my room while it was happening, listening to Blake cuss him out about drinking and dad was trying to defend himself but was coming up with the more stupid lies.

It made me feel bad cause when dad left one night, Blake was crying in the living room. I came downstairs after he left and found her but didn't know what to do.

"Blake?"

She sat there with her head in her hands before looking up at me. I saw her wipe her eyes and they were bloodshot as she stared at me. "Tell me what I'm doing wrong, Reagan."

"I told you my dad was an ass."

"But we never got into an argument like this. He's acting different and drinking more now. He won't talk to me and tell me what's going on."

My dad was never like this towards mom when she was here and it confuses me on why he's doing this to Blake.

He was treating her like a queen the first few years and now he's treating her like gum on the bottom of a shoe.

"I'm sorry, Blake. I don't know what to say. Other than my dad is an asshole."

She looks away then shakes her head before sighing. "I don't know what to do. I'm thinking of ways to impress him but at the same time I don't want to do that." I saw her stare at something. "I do love him. A lot but I'm lost right now."

I was crouched down in front of her by now, watching her talk about being in love with him and trying to make things right if there's any wrong in the cracks.

It really did open my eyes on these feelings more and made me realize that Blake will never look at me the way I look at her.

Confessing my feelings, even though I was never going to do that, is not the best way to go and it needs to stay that way.

I stared at her as she was talking and I felt myself falling more as I was listening to everything she was saying but didn't hear anything.

She looks at me before slightly smiling, wrapping her arms around my neck and hugs me. I heard her tell me that she was glad I was listening and being here for her.

I sighed as I faked smiled once we pulled away, watching as she was wiping her face and messing with her hair.

After she left the living room, I was sitting on the floor and feeling so shitty for what I feel for Blake.

It'll get better before it gets worse..

Right?

-

"Are you working this weekend?" Connor asks as we were walking to the parking lot after school.

This week went by so fast but I wasn't complaining.

It has been one hell of a week though.

"Nope. I'm a free woman all weekend."

Amelia came running towards us from the parking lot before stopping in front of us. "What are you two doing tonight?"

"I don't know." Connor said. "Why?"

She handed us some papers before smiling. "There's this party tonight. Thought you might want to come."

"Um," Connor looks down at the paper. "I don't like parties."

"Who doesn't like parties?" Amelia asks.

Connor gives her a look. "Me?"

She looks over at me. "What about you, Reagan?"

"The last time I went to a party was when I was a freshmen.. it sucked."

"Ok?" She chuckles. "You're a senior now."

I shrugged as I look over at Connor. "I don't know. I don't really like parties."

She shook her head as she looks at us. "Y'all are lame.. and I dated you?" She jokes as she looks at me.

"You also cheated."

Connor covered his mouth as he looks away and Amelia nods as she looks at me. "Thanks for bringing that back up.. so no party?"

"I don't know. We'll think about it."

She told us the location and time as on the paper before walking away.

I follow Connor to his car before leaning on it. "What do you think?"

"I don't know." He looks at me.

"I don't think parties but I need to get out of the house. Bad."

He looks at me for a moment. "Something going on again?"

"Dad is drinking again. Blake is taking it not so well and he's just being an ass."

"Did you figure out why he's drinking?"

Shrugging, I look around the parking lot for a moment before looking back at him. "Except what he told Blake about mom. I can't think of it's the same this time."

I shook my head as I didn't even want to think about it. I looked around the parking lot before looking at him.

"That's stupid. He's really stupid for doing this." He shook his head.

"I know.. and the crazy thing is that he never acted this way with mom. He would drink a little but not this bad and he sure as hell didn't treat me like this."

Connor shook his head as he looks at me. "You want to go to this party then? Get away from all that?"

Looking at him, I nodded before smiling. "Yeah. I'll drive and you can meet me at the house." I look down at the paper in my hand. "It starts at eight."

We shot each other a rock on sign before saying goodbye. I got into my car and left a few moments after he left.

When I got home, I parked in the garage then grabbed my bag and got out. I walked inside and heard music playing, which was a good sign I guess.

No crying.

Dad wasn't home.

Blake was in the kitchen when I walked in, making something in a bowl before looking over at me. She slightly smiled as she licked her thumb. "Hey. How was school?"

"Good." I stared at her as I walked to the fridge before grabbing a soda. I look over at her before chugging the soda.

"Your dad called me today." I watch as she looks over at me. "He said he was taking me out to eat to have a date night."

Nodding, I held onto the soda then tossed it in the trash after I was done. "Ok. I'm leaving tonight to go to a party."

"A party?" She looks at me as I was about to walk out of the kitchen.

"Yeah. Connor is coming with me."

She nods as she kept looking at me. "Ok well.. have fun and be careful."

I kept looking at her as she went back to mixing whatever was in the bowl. I nodded as I walked out of the kitchen and upstairs to my room.

Tonight is what I needed.

To forget these stupid feelings.