24: Colliding

Collide by Howie Day^

When we entered the house where the party was at, it wasn't anything I imagined it to be. It had so much shit going on that you couldn't focus on one thing when you walked in.

It had so many strobe lights going on and the music was loud, up beat and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

"Not as bad as I thought it was!" Connor yelled over the music.

I nod as we made our way through the crowds of people before coming into the living room. I looked around at all the people here and didn't recognize not one person.

"Are these people even from our school?" Connor yells.

I shrugged, not knowing if there was anyone from school cause I can't recognize anyone's face.

Amelia came up to us a few moments later as we were standing around like idiots. She pulls us into a group hug and tells us that she's glad we're here.

"Y'all want something to drink? They do have alcohol but they also have soda's."

"Pepsi please!" I shouted over the music.

Connor said something but I couldn't hear him as the music was blaring loud. I looked around after Amelia walked away and followed Connor to see down somewhere.

If we could find somewhere to sit.

The couch was taken with people sitting on it but we found a chair off to the side. Connor sat down and I sat on the arm before Amelia came back in and handed us our drinks.

I opened the soda before chugging it down and looking around as Amelia was trying to talk to us but I couldn't hear anything.

"What?" I shouted.

She smiles before leaning over. "I said how are y'all liking it so far?"

I shrugged as I looked around. "It's ok!"

Connor was drinking from his can as Amelia was talking to him. I kept looking around at everyone then seeing a few people from our school.

After a few minutes of sitting around and looking at everyone, the song changed and Amelia looks at me before leaning over towards me. "Do you want to dance?"

I noticed it was a slow song and I looked over at Connor as he was watching us. I look back at her before shrugging and placing my can on the floor before standing up.

She grabbed my hand and we walked to the middle of the living room where a few people were dancing. I saw a few girls dancing with guys as they had their head on their shoulder.

Amelia smiles at me as she pulls me towards her, placing her hands on my hips as my arms went over her shoulder.

We swayed to the music and got closer, letting the music take over as we were getting lost in dancing.

After a moment, Amelia leans her head on my shoulder as we kept dancing. As we were turning around, I saw Connor watching us and I gave him a slight smile.

At least it made me forget about everything that was going on in my life.

In this one moment.

With my ex.

We were just dancing.

I forgot about all the pain she put me through when she cheated and I was heartbroken for what felt like years but it was only a few months.

Amelia was the love of my life and I thought we were going to last forever.

I never felt the way Amelia made me feel and I was seriously wanting us to have a future together.