6 one million

Ethan abandons me at the cemetery that day.
  I walk back to the house I booked soaking wet as it's raining heavily.
  Someone is waiting for me at the door and hugs me eagerly when he sees me.
  "Oh, my God, Lexie, you're burning hot!"
  "Get lost, Joel. Don't ever come find me." I try my hard to push him away but I am too weak, and I lose conscious in his warm hug instead.
  When I come to, I am on a big, unfamiliar bed. The room is decorated with gorgeous decorations. I am confused.
  The door is pushed open and Joel appears with a glass of water in his hands.
  "Lexie, you scared me to death. You have a high fever so I had to bring you home. The doctor came just now and he says you're fine."
  I am shocked: "This is your house?"
  Joel is awkward: "Yes."
  I sit up and he presses me back: "Don't worry. My parents aren't home. I won't pressure you."
  "I'm sorry but I have to go." I shake my head. It's not the thing about his parents, it's just that this is also Ethan's house!
  I drape my coat and rush out, running down the staircases as fast as I could.
  The man approaching me when I'm only a few steps from reaching makes me want to stop in my tracks but I can't control myself. I slip and is going to fall.
  Ethan reaches out and hugs me.
  "Lexie, don't go anywhere. You're still sick." Joel says.
  Now they are both blocking my way of escaping.
  I see Ethan flip the teacup in his hands on purpose with his fingers, causing the tea to spill all over me. The liquid flows into my shirt and it is stained.
  His hand slips into my shirt and pinches my boob, like a warning.
  I widen my eyes and stare into his evil eyes.
  He is doing this on purpose! I can't leave like this!
  Joel drags me into his arms and examines me: "You okay?" he doesn't seem to notice anything weird.
  I bite my lip and stare at Ethan.
  Ethan says lazily: "I spilled the tea by accident. You'd have to get her a new shirt before she could leave. She could go take a bath at the bathroom in the guestroom."
  "Yeah. I'll get you a new shirt." Joel returns upstairs.
  I dodge Ethan when he's attempting to grab me: "Don't even think about it." I know exactly what he's planning. He's planning to torture me in the bathroom.
  He laughs coldly: "Do you even have the rights to say no? Your father is still in the hospital and you already owe the hospital more than one million."
  The paper he threw on my face last night was the receipt of the hospital.
  This is my soft spot. I tried my best to study and work these years but could never manage to mend this huge gap. I never think of giving up. As long as Dad is still alive, there is hope.
  I'm worried my dad will get involved if he wants to revenge.
  I want to hold it in but I have dignity too. I won't let him humiliate me again in front of Joel.
  I smile at him. People say my smile is the most pretty.
  He is stunned.
  I take my mobile out and call a number in my blacklist.
  The person's voice sound surprised: "Oh, darling? Is it really you? Have you finally made up your mind?"
  I feel disgusted just by the thought of Thomas: "I need money. One million."
  "I have money. You know that. See? You're still pretending before this. Come, now, I can't wait to get inside your body."
  I almost crush my mobile out of disgust: "Let's meet at the rooftop of Royal Club tomorrow night at eight."
  "I want to enjoy this one million fully!"
  I hang up immediately.
  Ethan is shocked and move his lips speechlessly.
  "As you wish." I smile sadly.
  Ethan finally say after some time: "You'd do anything for money, huh?"
  "Are you shocked? You know this since a long time ago, don't you? I'm always a whore, aren't I? I don't care anymore. Just let me stay this way."
  "You!" Ethan is mad.
  Joel hands me the shirt.
  I grab the shirt and put it over myself.
  "I'll give it back to you next time." I turn to walk away.
  "Lexie!"
  I'm sorry, Joel. I don't want to hurt you, too.
  My tears fall uncontrollably after I leave the house.