38 The truth (part 2)

The PTU are dividing themselves into 2 rows.
  I see an aging shadow gradually approaches to us from afar. Although his footsteps seem unstable, he maintains his straight body gesture with his imposing personality.
  My sight turns blurry all by itself. That shadow looks familiar for me. It appears almost the same as my father that I miss for.
  However...
  As the shadow gets closer, I've finally seen it clearly; he's my father. My great shock has failed to cover my mouth, and my face is completely covered with tears.
  'Lexie.'
  'Father.'
  Ethan Hayes pushes my back lightly, and I enter into my father's embrace.
  'Father, I thought I would never see you again. I'm glad that you've awaken.' My tears have lost control. I didn't expect that I would meet him again after 7 years. 'When did you gain back your consciousness? And during that fire incident in the hospital...'
  I have a lot of questions to ask him.
  'Lexie, during that fire incident, he wasn't at there. He was transferred to another hospital right on time. It seems heaven has saved him from disaster.' Ethan Hayes approaches to me and silently holds my hands. 'I'm sorry. I hid the truth because...'
  'I understand.' Greg Gomez speaks slowly. 'I know his purpose. Back then I hadn't gain back my consciousness. After that fire incident, Ethan tried to cover up my condition without exposing the truth. And then, I gained back my consciousness. We couldn't brutally make decisions for the sake of finding the proof and setting up the trap.'
  Ethan Hayes hugs me. 'Sorry for bothering you for long time.'
  My nose starts twitching as the tears slowly flow down. He had known the truth since earlier. Those threats he showed me were just for acting.
  Once Jen Jackson has seen Greg Gomez's appearance, she shivers and yells. 'You... You're still alive!'
  'If I died, no one else could reveal the truth!' Greg Gomez gives a cold respond. 'Jen Jackson, for all these years I had put a distance in between us... in the end, you still threatened Sophia!'
  Jen Jackson knows that she has lost her pride. She madly exposes the truth. 'You're right. I'm the one who arranged her death. Thanks to your dissatisfaction, I'll not let her get anything she desires!'
  'You! It seems you've admitted your sins! She's your sister. You're totally insane!' Greg Gomez insults her with his heartache feeling.
  'So what? I really wished her death since earlier! She's my sister? My parents only care about her! You too! You only care about her! Why? Why she deserves this? Am I not worth as her?'
  'Yes, you're not valuable. Your viciousness had revealed since from the beginning.' Greg Gomez's face is covered with hatefulness.
  'So she's the one who killed my mother, father.' I continue the conversation by asking a question. 'During that fire incident, I did receive a phone call regarding the clue of the accident. But the Gomez residence was set on fire, and the clue was also vanished. What happened during that night?'
  Greg Gomez explains slowly: 'During that night, no one else was in the house. Not long later, Sandra Perkins found me, and she told me that she had found something unusual. She could sense that Jen Jackson was getting close to her with intention. As she considers about the abnormality, she went to Beijing and also brought Ethan to River Town for sojourn, but the tragedy had got into its way. In order to safe her, Ethan was drowned, and luckily, he was rescued by Olivia Gomez. Everything sounds reasonable, but it seems it doesn't work in that way.'
  'We were having a conversation at upstairs. As the time passed, I felt some sort of suffocation. Sandra Perkins was experiencing the same thing. I thought that my heart disease came back again, and so I went downstairs and obtained my medicine from the fridge. By the time I went downstairs, my breathing difficulty became serious, and my sight turned blurry. Even so, I could see Jen Jackson was doing something strange inside the kitchen from afar. Jen Jackson had the key to enter the place, and I doubted that she stole it from Sophia after that accident. I didn't really have any idea about her intention. I tried to stop her, but I had lost my consciousness. I know nothing after since that moment, until the day I gained back my consciousness. By the time I heard about that fire incident, it was already passed for many years.'
  After I hear their explanations, I point Jen Jackson by using my finger. 'That's right! You were doing something odd in the kitchen. That's why you knew that I was cooking peach resin.'
  My heartache strikes me. I question her. 'For all these year, I always had my internal conflict. I felt bad for my mistake. I kept tracing back my memories to the day I forgot to turn off the cooking gas. I turned it off, right? You were the one who turned on the gas, right?'
  For me, these questions are very important.
  I have to find it out and see either it was my mistake, or someone else framed me. I always, always keep this burden on my shoulders.
  It's been 7 years! This dreadful burden has caused me suffocated.
  Jen Jackson tries to avoid eye contact. 'I... I know nothing.'
  'Accessory deserves lesser punishments. You're not the prime culprit, and it's time to realize your mistakes. Even you manage to make your escape for now, sooner or later, you'll be captured by the law of justice someday.' Ethan Hayes reminds her.
  For all the sudden, Jen Jackson bursts out with tears: 'Yes, I was the one who turned on the gas! I was the one who set on the fire, but...'
  'Ahhh!' By the time we have completely ignored Marcella Jones Hayes's existence, Jen Jackson's respond is stopped in the midway.
  She quickly rushes towards to Jen Jackson and gives her a direct stab right into her heart.
  Jen Jackson stares at Marcella Jones Hayes. She tries to imply something, but she fails. Later, she directly collapses onto the ground.