23 We are just strangers

In fact,I have woke up for two days,but i do not want to face the reality.
  I know where i am,it's the Beijing Capital Hospital,Joel is also here.
  I always pretend sleeping when Ethan comes.
  I have no idea how long i have been in a trance.I don't even know how did they save me.Anyway,I don't have any pains all over,but I'm in despair.
  My lower abdomen is not painful any more,I know that my child has left me already.
  "Lexie,I know you are awake."He sighs and says,"They said you wouldn't eat.it's chicken soup,I'll put it here,drink it while it's warm."
  I open my eyes slowly.I can see that both of his hands are covered by sterile gauze.His face is wasted and colourless.
  He is joyful while i am opening my eyes.Then he helps me sit up.
  "I do not appreciate you at all."I say.So now I am like a dead man,i have no idea what is the meaning of my life...
  "Lexie,I..."he hugs me,and says"I will make an explanation to you."
  He kisses my neck and i can feel his warm breath."Don't hurt yourself,PROMISE me.Please trust me,okay?You scared me."He takes a bowl of chicken soup to me.
  I am looking at the soup,thinking of my dad who doted me a lot.I can hardly refrain from my tears,my tears fall fast and fall into the bowl,even on the back of his hand.
  He is getting in a flap about my tears.He puts down the bowl and he helps me wipe the tears,but that is helpless.
  "Lexie,don't cry,okay?I beg you.Please give me more time,i will..."His phone is ringing,he frowns,and he takes the phone out of his pocket.I can see the phone screen"Babe Olivia".
  He knows that i can see,his face is in an awkward,he is going to hang up and wants to hug me."Lexie,it was by her..."
  I interrupt him and turn my back to him,"Mr.Hayes,you don't need explain to me.We are just strangers,I am tired,i need a break.please get out."
  "Lexie..."
  "Hmm,yes.If you have any misunderstanding by what i said before,just forget it please."I smile,"Lexie Gomez died already."
  "Lexie...",his phone rings again,there is no doubt that the calling is from Olivia Gomez.He hesitates for a while but doesn't hang up,"I will come again,wait for me."After then,he walks out and answers the phone quickly.I lay down on the bed,numb.
  After a second,the cleaning lady comes in to clean the room,she sees the chicken soup on the head of bed,and i am staring blankly,she can not help persuading me,"You are supposed to eat some food,why are you in despair?You are still young.If you do so,it was meaningless for the man to save you from the ruins for several hours,his hands are bloody."
  I gently frown.Was that him?
  That is not important for me,He and me,just strangers.
  After sleeping for a while,I eat some food,then i get out of the bed,now i am feeling better than before,Joel is also in the ICU of this floor.I want to see him.
  After walking through a long corridor,I arrive the ICU,where Joel is staying.I push the door open,I walk gently to the bedside of Joel.
  He sleeps peacefully,tender and innocent.
  I remember the time while i was with him.I hold his hand lightly,"Joel,I do hope you will wake up soon,maybe I have no chance to meet you again,because I will leave Beijing.Where am i going?I haven't decided yet.I have to say i miss River Town so much,perhaps i will return to River Town before leaving for another city."
  "Joel,goodbye."I am so sad that i don't even notice that the tears stream down my cheeks.I stand up and i am going to leave...
  Who knows that i cannot have my hand free.UNBELIEVABLE!My hand is still being held by Joel!!!My heart is beating so fast!This is ...