30 How are you doing

It was only until after that I know the Hayes Design Company is nothing compared to Aurora Estates.
  The Aurora Estates belong to the Hayes. Their building is very tall and is one of the landmarks of the city. No wonder Joel is trying to take over the Aurora Estates through the project this time.
  "Oh, second Young Master, you're the best!"
  Exclaims like this are often heard these days in Joel Hayes' office.
  He ordered me to wait outside the door, so I can't go anywhere.
  I don't dare to go anywhere either. I'm not sure if he'd do anything crazy in this state. I want to try and talk some sense into him and feels pain in my heart too. He used to be a nice and gentle man. What happened? It's all my fault. I should just take everything on.
  After some time, an enchanting woman leaves the room and blows a kiss towards Joel: "Call me again next time."
  I don't feel like seeing these and bow my head, concentrating on my work.
  Joel watches my reaction and approaches on his wheelchair, seemingly upset.
  "Lexie, go get me some condoms. I'm short of those." He orders.
  I nod after some time: "Okay."
  I head to the convenience store to buy a box of condoms and hide it in a black plastic bag.
  When I enter the lift of Aurora Estates, I see Ethan in there. I think he just came from the garage.
  I've never been to his workplace before this. I've only just knew that his main workplace is right here.
  The door closes and we're the only ones in the lift.
  I'm so nervous and my palms start sweating. The plastic slip from my hands when I try to press the buttons. The thing inside is revealed.
  Ethan bends down to pick it up.
  I stop him: "I can do this myself."
  But he sees it anyway and hands it to me. His expressions look complicated.
  I grab the bag and turn away from him, my heart racing.
  "You okay, Lexie?" he asks softly behind.
  With that, my tears start flowing.
  I recall the day when we were at the Civil Affairs Bureau. He begged me to not sign. My heart breaks and I can't seem to control my tears.
  "Lexie." He sighs and circles my shoulder, forcing me to turn and face him.
  I continue to hang my head.
  He bows his too and kisses away my tears: "Hold it in. Trust me. Everything's going to be okay."
  His gentle and warm words ache my heart even more.
  The door to the lift opens and I speed out without turning back. I can't stay anymore. I'm worried that I'll lose control of myself and throw myself into his arms.
  Although the pain he gave me was more than what Joel gave me.
  But I don't know why I couldn't wipe him away from my heart.
  I hand the bag to him after returning to the office.
  He gets even mad and tosses the bag onto my face: "So you did buy it, huh? Do you like seeing your husband having sex with other women?"
  I keep quiet.
  Joel recognizes something's wrong with me and lifts my chin up: "Did you just cry? You do care, don't you? Just tell me you don't like it, then I won't see those women anymore."
  "Joel." I take a deep breath: "Could you become the Joel I know again? How about we leave this place and start over?"
  He pushes me away: "Why should we leave? You scared I'll snatch his position away? Is he that important to you?"
  "Nothing would ever be the same anymore! Get lost!"
  He throws everything on the desk onto the floor and hollers.
  I leave the building and see someone I almost forgot. Olivia Gomez.