28 A prison of life

Joel Hayes cane to my bedroom that night.
   Although we've engaged, yet it just..weird and awkward.
   Joel Hayes reveals a smile and says, "Lexie, move everything to my room.. or I can also move to your room, choose either one of it."
   I am in shock of what Joel just mentioned to me. I haven't prepared mentally.
   "Joel... I am not ready yet."
   "We're a married couple now aren't we?" Joel waves his hand and asks me to go near him.
   I walk over to him and squat right beside of his wheelchair, then he wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me unexpectedly.
   It's a different types of feeling that I never felt before and of course, I am struggling inside my heart and clenches my jaw.
   He couldn't stand the way I rejected him so he just pushes me away as hard as he could.
   It's the first time I saw him with his eyes all reddened, he's not the Joel that I've known before.
   "Oh? You let Ethan to touch every inch of your skin and not me? Why?! Is there anything that I can't compare to him?"
   He pushes himself away from the wheelchair and just let his body laying on mine heavily.
   "No, not at all. It's just that I need some time to accept all of this. Joel, we discussed before aren't we?" The Joel now is incredibly scary.
   "Discussed before? You said that this is just a deal?" He reaches inside into his pocket and takes the 2 years agreement that both of them signed before and laugh coldly, "Lexie, you're so silly. Deal, you mentioned? But to me, it's just a crap!"
   I am shock by his words and just stares at him, not knowing what to do.
   Joel then tears the paper into thousands of pieces right in front of eyes and throw it all over the place, just like a joke.
   "Joel ! Stop it !" The Joel now is breaking my feelings, he's not somebody like the way he is now.
   "Stop what? What should I do then?" He's completely insane now, he's ripping my clothes like a hungry tiger and mumbling, " You've already betrayed me with Ethan for numerous times I bet. Lexie Gomez, you are already my legal wife ! No matter physically or mentally ! I want your body now !"
   "No, please don't !" I'm struggling so hard to get away from him.
   "Oh ! You wanted to save your body only for Ethan?!" He shouted in my face.
   At the same time, my shirt is being ripping off by him little by little, and the marks that Ethan has left are showing right in front of his eyes.
   I am panicking since it's the marks that Ethan has left last night ...
   'Slam-'
   He. Slapped. Me.
   It is shocking and terrifying. The slap has stopped him from what he's doing to me.
   "Lexie, I-I- didn't mean it.."
   My stomach hurts so badly because of the fight, it even causes me to sweat.
   "Joel, call the doctor, I'm in so much pain. Please. My stomach hurts."
   Joel rushes and calls their family trusted doctor.
   Doctor Payne arrives and gives me 2 injection and smiled politely to Joel, "Mrs Hayes is pregnant and the baby is saved fortunately. There's nothing wrong with her now. If Joel wanted to have more kids then you shall pay attention towards your wife's health. If any causes miscarriage then it would be hard for her to have another baby."
   I am shocked. Again. It's unbelievable, I shouldn't know whether should I be happy or should I be worried. The baby is still inside me ! Ethan is keeping it as a secret from me too, what was he thinking?
   What should I do now ..?
   The doctors words are leaving a cold ambience in the room after Joel sent the doctor back.
   I cleared my throat and I remained silent.
   Seconds passes by little by little and there's nobody else's saying a word out of their mouth.
   After a long time.
   Joel stands up from the wheelchair and walk towards me step by step, "I will let you give birth to this baby because after that you will also have to give birth to tons of babies of mine."
   I couldn't what just happened right in front of my eyes ! "Yo-your legs ... you- lied to me ?"
   Joel bursts out laughing, "So what ? Lexie Gomez, you're forever mine now. Don't you ever dare leave me !"
   "I will take back what you guys owed me !"
   He's more and more frustrated and throw a booklet of marriage certificate right on my face, "I will take back what belongs to me ! Including you ! Lexie Gomez ! Wait for it."
   I squat down slowly to the ground and pick up the marriage certificate while still bearing the pain from my face.
   The booklet with the word, 'Marriage certificate' right underneath my eyes.
   How could I ever expected that the agreement that both of us made before are just crap to him ?
   This booklet of certificate will always be a prison for me.