20

Nikki and Reagan went into school. Nikki smiled. "I promise you. We will find her. She'll come back."

"No. I was really mean to her. My sister. My best friend and I treated her like that. My own sister. I let a man come between us."

Nikki took hold of Reagan's hand. She smiled. "It will be fine. I promise you."

"Thanks mum."

***
Nikki walked into the staffroom. Simon smiled. "How's it going?" He asked as he looked at her.

Nikki sighed and shook her head. "Not well. Reagan is drinking all hours. And the police called me last night. They've found a body. And they think it's Lacey. They want me to identify it. I haven't told her yet. I know she'll blame herself," she told him.

Simon sighed. "This is because of Tom. He came between the two girls. He slept with them both. And now one of them is turning to drink. The other is presumably dead."

Nikki nodded. "Reagan doesn't want me to ruin Tom's career though. She does care about him," she said.

"She's a caring girl."

***
Reagan was sitting in class. She looked up as Rhiannon walked over. "I heard Lowsley and Boston talking. They didn't know I was there. Cops have apparently found your sister's skanky body."

Reagan rolled her eyes. "You're lying."

"I'm not. I heard them."

Reagan stood up and punched Rhiannon as Tom ran in. He grabbed her by the waist and took her outside. "What the hell is going on?" He asked.

Reagan glared. "You! You slept with my sister and now she's dead! She's dead!" She screamed.

Tom frowned. He looked at her. "Who told you that? Because Rhiannon is known to be a liar."

"My mother told Mr Lowsley. So guess what. You're a murderer. You're the reason my sister is dead."

***
Nikki walked into the cooler. She saw Reagan sitting there. "Tom told me. I didn't tell you because I knew you'd act like this. You would act crazy."

"She's my sister. And you didn't tell me did you? No. I hate myself for what's happened. And I want to hate her. But I can't. And I don't know who I am anymore. I'm a broken wreck. And it's all because of Lacey and Tom Clarkson. I want to hate them both... I just can't do that though and it kills me knowing that they've both broken me."

Nikki nodded. She smiled. "I know they have. They've both done this to you. But the one who you have to blame is Tom. He's the one who dipped his little Tom into her. He didn't say no. And neither did she. But Lacey isn't here to question is she? So until we know the full facts, we don't blame."

"And what about the body?"

"I will sort that today. I promise you."

***
Tom walked into the cooler. Reagan looked at him. "What do you want?" She asked.

"I want us to talk. I know I've ruined everything. And I accept that. But for the next few years, you're stuck here with me. Being your teacher. And we have to accept that," Tom said.

Reagan scoffed. "That's the only reason I haven't asked for you to be removed. You're a good teacher. Definitely good with the sex Ed. But I won't forgive you for this. Ever."

Tom smiled. "You know you will."

"Don't bet on that."

Tom walked out and sighed. But could Reagan ever forgive him?