7. Chapter Seven

Y/N

Today wasn't like the normal days. I heaved a frustrated sigh as I recalled my brother Gojo's words.

There will be a task for us, first years.

I wasn't nervous nor anxious. Heck, exorcisting curses were just squeezing a lemon, but the thing is, I wouldn't be able to see Inumaki for hours. The thought of it brought ache to my system.

"I'm more than ready!" I heard Yuji's enthusiastic voice that got me chuckling.

My chuckle ceased when the thought of him, being a curse's vessel.

I wonder how it feels?

"This won't be your first mission but this will be your first mission altogether. Don't disappoint us, children, boast your capabilities." It took me all the strength in the world to not roll my eyes at Gojo's words.

But knowing that I'll be away from him too, made me frown.

He was assigned to a heavy job and it only meant one thing : that he won't be here for days, even weeks.

My brother, Gojo, asked Megumi and the others to leave and then told me to stay.

Megumi tapped my back softly before exiting.

When they were all out of my sight, I began to sob like a homesick child, longing for her parent's warmth and presence. I heard Gojo sigh. Mulitiple steps echoed through the hallway that was moving closer and closer to where I stood.

And before I knew it, my brother was hugging me.

"Thought my sister's a grown–up child now, hmn?"

I sobbed louder. I wanted to give him a glare but my eyes were full of tears, I was gonna miss him while he's away. Gojo chuckled when he got no reply.

Then, his next words made me sob even more.

"The second years are coming with me too. You should kiss your mute crush a temporary goodbye, you know?" Gojo's tone was teasing but I conitnued being childish and kept on shedding tears.

So Inumaki's going to leave too? For many days?

Now that's disappointing.

***

"Inumaki!" I squealed at the top of my lungs when I finally saw him after a couple of minutes of looking for him.

His back was facing me, not letting me have a glimpse at his handsome face. I frowned.

After the talk and cries with my brother, I took his joking advice seriously and looked for Inumaki to tell him that he should take care of hismelf.

Tears started to blur my vision again when the thought of them, being gone for a few days crossed my mind and it was the same time that Inumaki turned around, making him see me in this state.

As if worried, his pace fastened and he was walking towards me. My eyes with tears met his cold orbs.

When Inumaki was finally close enough to me, his left hand held my arm and his right thumb caressed my cheek. Not too long after, Inumaki wiped the tears off my face.

He touched me.

He's near me.

He held my shoulders.

He caressed my face.

He wiped my tears away.

I cried harder. I didn't know how to interpret his actions. What if he does this to Maki and the others too? I felt sick. The feeling of bitterness crept inside me.

But there was no time for that. I have to tell him to keep himself safe first because I won't be seeing him for long.

"I'll miss you, you didn't tell me that you'd leave with Gojo..." I mumbled.

"...please keep safe, take care of your health, eat healthy foods and, and don't die, okay? I still want to kiss you," I pouted after telling him those.

I sounded like a concerned and clingy girlfriend.

A big WHAT THE FUCK? was my other side's response.

He looked taken aback at my words. If he gulped or smiled or frowned, then I did not see it because half of his face was almost covered. My heart became heavy again when I saw Maki behind us, she'll probably call Inumaki.

They'd be leaving now.

I cried, this time, it was much more louder. I'm so gonna miss bothering Inumaki.

Then, he knelt in front of me.

I was too focused on crying that I didn't look down to see what he was trying to do. I just stood there, letting my tears fall.

"Inumaki! Time to go now! Kiss your girlfriend a goodbye already!" Maki's voice made Inumaki stand up abruptly. He cleared his throat.

Without sparing me a glance, he left me there, crying alone.

Hopeless, I fell onto the dirty ground. But then, my eyes caught something. Letters. There were letters written on the ground. I gulped and blinked. A smile crept into my lips as I have finished reading it.

I'll be safe, I won't die. It said.

And I already knew who wrote it. Maybe that's why he knelt on the ground earlier.

TO BE CONTINUED...