18. Chapter Eighteen

Y/N

The curse was thrown away by the immense blow of my power.

Though I was not sure it was dead by now, I still smiled in victory and soon faced Inumaki. For a moment, I thought I saw adoration and admiration in his eyes but that was far too impossible, wasn't it?

So I mentally slapped myself and told myself I was being beyond desperate to see things that won't ever be possible.

"It's cool, isn't?" I smiled softly when he avoided my gaze because I already saw that coming.

"All these time, I thought you were on purposely ignoring me but turns out you have that cool cursed speech that I only hear from my brother's stories," I muttered, still smiling at his face that wasn't facing me.

"It made me like you more," As soon as I said those, Inumaki turns his head to me with, I assume, a shocked face.

So I was shocked too.

I saw his mouth moving as if he was saying something but not voicing it out. Sadly, I was never good at lip reading or whatever the hell they call it so I frowned instead and asked, "What are you saying?"

And of course I was so dumb for that. He was technically a mute, right?

I sighed, "I'm hopeless." I mumbled, still frowning and looking at him.

I heard Inumaki sigh heavily as he gathered all his strength to stand up. He was a bit better now than earlier and God, even with blood on his face, he was still the hottest man alive for me.

Actually, the blood added more to his handsomeness.

I chuckled at myself, still facing him.

"Why the hell are you so handsome?"

Yet he never gave me a response.

_______________

Everything was in utter chaos. We do not know where this strong curse came from or why the hell can it even  communicate to each of us.

Right now, we were running again until we reached where Megumi and the man with a long black hair, — which I don't know who—they looked like they were fighting. Well, of course they were.

"Y/N stay behind my back!" Megumi yelled in fear as his eyes went wide when the curse hit me, leaving an injury in my right arm. I groaned in response but I did not listen to Megumi and used my power again.

However, it was of no use.

Just like how Inumaki's cursed speech was and the long, black haired man's stunt or Megumi's.

Even though it was obvious that I looked helpless and that we stood no chance against this, we fought. We fought until Maki arrived, and then the others.

Tears fell from my eyes again as I witnessed Inumaki's beaten-up state. He was knocked up because of using his power way too much.

Panda carried him and wenty away just like how Maki also left the scene to call for help because Yuji and then another man I do not know has already arrived too.

Yuji was looking cool and his attacks were too and the other one was half naked and looked really, really muscular. Wow.

They fought with passion, with strength and I watched them in purse awe and astonishment.

Why has Yuji gotten this far?

Gojo's been training me since I was a kid but why can't I just be like them?

What's stopping me to take another step? What's stopping me to be strong like them? I'm a Gojo, my power has no limits and I should fear none too, but why do I fear being hurt?

My eyes landed at Yuji again, he had much knowledge about the situation but still, he fought.

Because he was strong and brave.

I wonder if I could be like him too?

I was too dazed and drowned in my reverie so it was too late for me to even realize that the curse, Yuji and the half-naked man had stopped fighting now. All of them were looking up the sky in fascination for a reason I know not.

Due to the utter curiosity, I decised to look heavenwards too and the sight made me smile in relief.

Help has come. Gojo had arrived.

TO BE CONTINUED...