22. Chapter Twenty-Two

Y/N

"We've got a load of fucked up problems," Those words were the first thing we heard as we arrived at the room where Gojo instructed us to go to.

"So, the Sukuna's fingers that we've gathered have been missing.  Obviously, those cool curses are the culprit behind all these, they're fun, don't you think?" We all glared at my brother because of what he said.

They've already successfully stole something so important from us and he still find them fun? What kind of mind does he has?

Then, my mind drifted off to what Gojo had said last night about the curse nearing to reach the same level as us.

Now, I've realized that Gojo's words were true, that in no time, if we put our guard down, the curses might surpass us, which is so weird because all my entire lifetime, I thought curses were stupid and far from wise.

"But . . . you students should not worry about that, so!" Gojo gayfully clapped his hands-if there's such a word-and glanced at each on of us. "We are having vacation!"

What the hell? I looked at him, disbelief painted on my face and I can say that the others were looking at him the same way too.

But instead of explaining himself, he just smiled dreamily, "Oh how I've missed the beach!"

Then, my eyes met Inumaki's, he was staring at me so intently that I almost felt like he was undressing me with his gaze. I smiled widely at him and waved my hand shyly, he was on the other side of the table. I did not know if he smiled back or not because his face was —-as always—-covered with a cloth.

But he sure did look taken aback with my actions because his eyes widened a bit.

After staring at each other for quite too long, I heard someone clearing his throat that pulled me back to my senses.

"I do understand the eye flirting thingy that's currently happening between the two of you guys right now but if you both don't listen, we'll probably end up dying," Gojo nonchalantly said that brought redness to my cheeks.

"I—I wasn't —"

"You were," Gojo remarked, cutting me off. So, instead of justifying my obvious actions further, I just dipped my head, embarassed at the situation.

***

"He's hot, right?! Did you know that he had gotten a lot more stronger than before?!" Nobara happily squealed after telling those. She approached me while I was staring at Inumaki who was kicking in the air.

"How did you know?" I asked.

She shrugged, "We're still partners in training and trust me, his attacks hurt, but it's as if he doesn't care if it did hurt me or his other training partners! And oh, especially Megumi! Did you know that Toge punched him in the face multiple times until he bled?!"

That rendered me speechless. Inumaki did that?

Maybe Nobara was too loud that it made Inumaki face our direction, it made my heart race a lot faster that earlier and much more when Nobara and Panda were called by Yuji to discuss something. Now, it only means one thing : Inumaki and I are the only ones here now in the field.

I watched and admired him as he handsomely removed the cloth covering half of his gorgeous face while not removing his intense gaze at me.

His stares got meshivering a bit but I was fast enough to conceal it. Inumaki walked towards me, his steps were slow and measured while I was waiting there, various thoughts and anxiousness running inside my brain and throughout my entire system.

God, why is he so handsome? And attractive? And gorgeous? And all?!

Then, my body completely froze as he finally was only a few inches away from me, our noses almost touching.

Inumaki gave me a small, scincere smile and I almost died at that.

I wanted to kiss him but I didn't want to look like a horny, insatiable freak so I gathered all my sanity and composed myself.

But it went a lot more difficult when he closed the distance between us and kissed me torridly. And because I failed to compose myself, I kissed him back with the same fervor.

When he broke the kiss, both of us were panting but he was wearing this usual small, scincere smile in his face that almost melted me. Is he for real? Even though I know that this shouldn't be my first priority, I just cannot stop myself when it comes to him.

"Inumaki . . ."

He raised his brow, still with a smile in his face that finally made me smile too.

"I don't think I still like you," I mumbled while staring at him right it the eye.

And just like that, his smile disappeared.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .