26. Chapter Twenty-Six

Y/N

Drowned in my thoughts, I followed Inumaki out of the room. I stared at his back as he walked to where my brother told us to go, he has a great body and I won't ever deny that.

When we arrived at a room that was unfamilliar to me, my eyes and full attention were still on him, not bothering the others inside.

Well, that was until a voice spoke, pulling me out of my reverie.

"Where were you? It was sad to not see you when I got here," Megumi's voice met my ears.

My attention went to him and somehow, I felt guilty. I looked at his face and inspected it, even with his wide and bright smile, he looked like he was not getting enough sleep, he looked so tired. Must be because of his newly unlocked ability, for sure, he's trying his best to perfect it.

Because that's the Megumi Fushiguro I have always known.

"I was with Inumaki, why?" I answered truthfully.

His smile almost disappeared. "Oh. Uhm, nothing." Megumi said, as he slowly shook his head and then avoided my gaze.

He was about to leave but I stopped him. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry if I wasn't here to check on you earlier, but you look tired. You need to rest, Megumi." I told him without a single halt, worry lacing my voice.

For a while, his lips parted. Then, the bright smile went back to his lips as he nodded. "I'll rest, thankyou for still caring."

My forehead creased, 'for still caring?'

"Megumi, I have always cared about you," I said with a frown resting on my face.

"Well, I have started to doubt that these past days . . ." His voice came out as a whisper so I wasn't sure if I heard it right so, I planned to ask him about it. However, before I could even speak again, he excused himself, "I'll go near Gojo." He said and did exactly what he told me he'd do.

He sat next to Gojo, resulting for the seat beside me to be vacant. Again, my eyes searched for Inumaki. He still wasn't seated, he was having conversation with Maki and Panda, the three of them were still standing, not far from me.

But they soon decided to sit down when Gojo stood up, like he was about to tell that the meeting was about to start.

"Inumaki!" I called for him, he looked at me.

I beamed a smile, "You can seat here, beside me." I said, not minding the stares around us. Inumaki looked at Panda, they stared at each other for mere seconds 'til Inumaki decided to break the contact. Panda looked at me with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, Y/N. Inumaki prefers to sit with us," My smile faded but I nodded anyway.

"Sure."

Then, I heard Gojo clear his throat. "So! Drama's over, we have to talk about this issue or else we die," He said, shocking all of us. We let him continue as we listened.

"Geto, my old, uh . . . friend, as we all know, have joined forces with the curse and only God knows why. And these past few weeks, they've gotten a lot more stronger than calculated," Gojo's face became a more serious and partly stoic when he mentiones his . . . friend's name.

Must have been tough for him to find that out.

I and the others remained silent and listening attentively to every word he said, every plans he told us to execute when the time comes, and all.

" . . . So, our main focus is to train and strengthen our aces. Yuji, Megumi, and . . . Y/N." I was shocked to hear my name. How the hell did I get included?

I mean, I'm not even near strong right now.

"—That is why you need to train," Gojo said, interrupting my thoughts. How did he read my mind? Ah, right. He's good at reading expressions.

"Maki, Panda, Toge, and I will buy time for you three to finally learn whatever the hell you still need to learn, especially you, Y/N. In two months, you have to be able to use your full power and ability. Conquer your limits . . ." My brother looked at me in the eye, as I did the same.

" . . . You are a Gojo, you are my sister. Your power is limitless."

END OF CHAPTER 26.

author's note : this thing is getting interesting.