32. Chapter Thirty-Two

Y/N

As I slowly gained conciousness, noises started to resurface inside my mind. It seems like it's starting to work again, it's starting to read other people's thoughts again.

'She's awake,' I heard a familliar voice inside my mind, followed by another and another, all of them saying the same phrase the man had just said.

When I finally opened my eyes, I saw concerned eyes of familliar people. Toge's, Satoru's, and Maki's.

"How are you feeling, little sis? Everything good? Tell me where it hurts, 'kay?" My brother said with no pause as worry dripped in his voice.

I couldn't afford to give him a smile when the flashback of what happened before I collapsed started. How long have I been unconcious? Who found me amidst the rain? Why did I lost conciousness in the first place when I didn't even drain myself too much unlike the others?

I'm too weak, weak enough to just stay behind everyone's back as they risk their lives fighting. Ridiculous.

"I'm fine," I managed to let out and if my brother wasn't convinced, then he had a great job hiding it.

'You are not, baby.' I heard a voice inside my mind and I swallowed. It was Inumaki. I wanted to cry again but then, I realized that in times like this, I always cry. Maybe that's why I'm too weak.

So I should not cry. Instead of giving Inumaki a reply, I stood up from the bed which made all of their eyes dart on me as if I was the most fragile thing in the world right now. I managed to let out a chuckle at their reaction, "I'm perfectly fine, guys!" I exclaimed, giving them a small, tight smile.

They all sighed and averted their gazed except for Inumaki. He stared at me and I feel like he knew too well that I'm just lying and he's trying to tell me that.

'Stop convincing yourself that you're fine,' His voice was firm inside my head after he sent me a glare.

My brother coughed, "Are you two talking?" We didn't give him any response.

My brother then slowly nodded and looked at Maki and then pointed the door. "We're going to leave, then. Y/N, if you ever need something from me, I promise I'm just around, got that?" Satoru smiled and I did too but only just a bit smaller than his.

"Got it, brother." My voice was low and soft and he nodded with a smile before leaving with Maki.

'You're not fine, admit it,' An arm snaked around my waist as his face rested on my neck. I closed my eyes and heaved a deep sigh.

"I was never fine. My life was never fine, Inumaki. Everytime I get the chance to feel happy, there would always be a bad thing that comes after. It's the same cycle that keeps repeating over and over again and I think I'm just being pathetic if I cry again when I know that this is never going to end anyway." I turned to look at him yet his arms remained on my waist.

I stared at the man I loved the most and then added, "So what's the difference in admitting that I'm not fine and just keeping it from all of you?"

Toge Inumaki leaned his forehead on mine and closed his eyes with a small smile.

'Admitting it lessens the burden, my love. Sharing your bottled up emotions inside you will ease the pain, making it bearable.' I swallowed the lump on my throat as I heard his words.

Still, I refused to cry as I profusely nodded. "Then I'm not fine, I'm not okay. I was never okay, I feel so lonely." I whispered, my voice cracking in the process.

'But you're not alone, I told you that, right? I'll always be here for you. I promised I'll always be the shoulder you can cry on, love. Tell me everytime you feel lonely and I promise to hug you so tight and kiss your forehead, deal?'

I bit my lip as my heart leaped in so much affection. Then, I nodded, my tears falling. "I feel lonely—-"

Toge immediately tightened our embrace and showered kissed all overmy face which made chuckle.

"I thought you were only going to kiss my forehead?" I asked, now wearing a genuine smile upon my face.

I heard his deep chuckle followed by his captivating wink.

'I changed my mind, you're too gorgeous to resist, I fucking swear.' He said before kissing every inch of my face once more. "I love you so much," I muttered.

'I love you too, baby.' He replied, giving me the assurance and the strength that I desperately needed.

'Do you feel better now, hmm?' He asked after a long minute of silence. It took me another couple of minutes to answer because I was still enjoying laying in his chest, inhaling his seductive scent.

"I do, thankyou . . ."

'For what?'

" . . . for always being there. I promise I will be with your side too whenever you feel hurt or tired. Just tell me, okay?" I looked at him after I told him that and he looked back as he gave me a nod.

'Alright, I will.'

"That's good," I whispered and layed against his chest again. He chuckled at my actions and just continued to caress my hair that it made me close my eyes in satisfaction.

But then, something crossed inside my mind which made me open my eyes again, my forehead creasing in the process.

"Inumaki, where's Megumi?"

And this time, he didn't give me an answer. Instead, he looked away and stopped caressing my hair.

END OF CHAPTER 32.