Alternate Ending

10. 15. '21

WAAAAAAAAH, HELLO PEOPLE!! I MISS Y'ALL SO MUCH HUHUHU. anyway, i have been receiving a LOT of messages lately, asking me to post a "book 2" of this story, but i don't think i can manage to do that so instead, i will give you this.

***

"Can I leave too, brother? Can I follow him?" I asked with a tired smile.

Gojo immediately turned to me, and by looking at his eyes, I could tell that my words shocked him so much. He did not speak.

It has been months since Toge . . . gave up on me, and after he did, he left without even informing me.

I know I didn't have the right to know, but the fact that he did not even bother telling me still hurt so much. And until now, I still cry every single day.

I miss him. I miss all of him. His small smiles, his genuine care, his sweet words, his warm embrace... and his patient love.

Megumi was still not fine and I still am taking care of him because no matter how hard I try to convince myself that I've given enough help, enough care and enough time for him, the guilt would always be there.

"Y/N," Gojo started with a soft voice, not wanting to hurt me further with his words.

My lips trembled and tears started to leave my eyes again. I already knew what he's going to say and it broke me.

"You know you can't, little sister. I'm so sorry, but I can't let you . . ."

That's when the sob that I've been restraining since earlier escaped my mouth. My brother immediately went to me and hugged me so tightly, letting me know that he's here.

"W-Why did he leave?" I leaned my forehead against his chest.

"He even took m-my heart with him," I cried.

And that night, just like the past nights, Gojo did not speak. He only caressed my hair and let me cry until I had no tears left to let out anymore.

A year. It has been that long now but I still am hoping that he would show himself up again. Just a glimpse of you, love. Please let me see you again. Please.

"Do you think Toge will still come back someday?" Out of the blue, Yuji spoke.

Because of his question, he immediately earned a smack from Nobara.

And after that, all eyes were on me now, as if they were trying to see if the question hurt me or something. I immediately laughed at their reactions.

"What? Why are you looking at me?" I asked.

Nobara smacked Yuji's head again and made him look at her. I laughed softly when I realized that Nobara was trying to tell Yuji to apologize to me.

Yuji immediately got what Nobara was trying to say, so he apologetically turned to me and nervously smiled.

"Sorry, Y/N . . ."

For the third time, I laughed. "Why would you apologize, Yuji? You did not do anything wrong."

He nervously scratched his head. "W-Well, I mentioned Toge and . . . I know you don't like it and you still feel sad every time you hear his name. That's why I'm sorry, I just really miss him too . . ."

I tried to smile to deny his words. "I don't feel sad anymore, Yuji."

Maki, Panda and Nobara were just staring at me while I was talking to Yuji. I could feel their sadness and pity for me, too.