13. Chapter Thirteen

Y/N

Goodness, there's only three days before the competition...if I don't get my shits fixed, I am so fucked up.

I sighed heavily. I have to talk to Inumaki wether I like it or I like it the most. I just have to. The thing he did yesterday had haunt me even in my sleep. Did Inumaki intentionally asked Megumi so that he can delay him?

There you go again, Y/N...making yourself hope.

"Screw this, I have to talk to that man." I mumbled as I huffed a breath.

Anxious multiple steps got me to where Inumaki was training at and sadly, with Nobara.

My eyes watched the two of them as they fought with each other, Nobara was wearing her signiture smirk-smile whilr Inumaki remained expressionless.

Even God knows watching them was a pure torture.

But I had to patiently wait 'til he was done. I just had to nail my feet there, be patient, and remind myself that I was in no place to feel hatred and jealousy. No place.

I thanked all heavens when I found out that they were done after a rough forty minutes of just standing there, wearing a bitter smile.

When Nobara left, I immediately ran towards where the man I like-Inumaki-was.

"Hey!" I joyfully greeted as my hands automatically waved at him.

My eyes never missed how he flinched. He looked like he was familliar with the voice but... I don't know. Still, the bitter smile on my face have been replaced with a real one, the one that always automatically shows up whenever I see this man.

Sometimes, this kind of smile would just stay in my mind but most of the time, I would always show it to him.

When his eyes finally landed on mine, my smile got even wider.

Goodness, he's really so handsome!

"Uhm, hi again!"

My inner self frowned deeply. After months of being with this man, I never even heard a proper reply from him, even just for once. If not a recipe of sushi, then none.

Still, Inumaki kept quiet as his eyes continued to scan me. It went down and then up again. If his mouth was not covered, I would bet he gulped, my instinct told me he did.

"Err...I just wanted to say sorry for the rude act I did yesterday, Inumaki. I should've accepted the water...I shouldn't have turned my back on you. I am so sorry, I feel bad I couldn't even sleep last night." I apologized.

Then, our eyes met again.

He never gave me any response so I talked again.

"I was just so annoyed of you, ignoring me all the time. I just wanted to let you experience how it feels to be shut down, uhm , sorry again." I mumbled.

Yet he did not speak.

It was getting so hell of awkward that I even wanted to have my whole breathing body buried six feet under the screwed up ground.

I sighed and decided to break the eye contact.

"Fine, if you don't want to speak...it's fine. I am so used to it. Just...just, I'm really sorry, okay? I swear to the mother of all bitches that I, Y/N Gojo won't ever do it again as long as my feelings for you will still remain." I told him, seriousness lacing my voice.

But I saw him froze when I spewed those last words...'as long as my feelings for you will stil remain.'

Even though it bugged the hell out of me right now, I forced myself to shrug it off.

Then, I spoke again. "Toge Inumaki, I swear to you that if I'd have the chance to turn back the time and accept that purple, cute cup of water you offered me yesterday, I would without any hesitation. I really freakin' swear."

He just kept on looking at me. I'm having doubts if this man could even speak or hear, you know? Or maybe he really just don't want to talk to me and that' it.

I sighed again and opened my mouth to speak again but his actions stopped me.

He knelt to the ground again. This time, I had my two eyes watch what he was planning to do.

Inumaki was writing something down the ground and he was taking his time. It was a bit...long.

It made me happy yet somewhat sad, he really has no plans on talking to me, no? When he was done, he stood up and without a word, just like always...he left.

I didn't have time to process his dismissal as my eyes were quietly focused on his writing down the ground. My mouth was ajar.

'You don't need to say sorry, I know you still would've rather drank what Megumi gave you than what I did.'

I had the urge to chase after him and fucking slap 'You are so fucking wrong!' In his face but something stopped me.

Confusion. That did.

Because why was I sensing jealousy in every words he wrote?

TO BE CONTINUED...