14. Chapter Fourteen

Y/N

"Presence of mind . . . that's the first thing you have to carry when in a battle field. The weak can always defeat the strong if the strong have no brains and has got loads of ego. Strength, strategy and bravery comes next in the line when in a battlefield . . ." My brother looked at each one of us.

" . . . Fools will always get fooled if they remain as fools, get me? And because this is a team competition," Gojo said, emphasizing the word 'team' as he glanced at all of us again.

"Unity will always be your anchor, teamwork makes the dream work." He told us, smirking as if he was so proud of himself.

"If you dream to win, then do this as a team. Why? Because I'm so handsome." He said posed like a male model which got us cringing.

I was embarassed on behalf of my brother who has no shame.

Yuji's eyes sparked as he squealed as if he was cheering Gojo and as if he was liking what he was doing. Goodness.

Megumi let out a heavy sigh beside me and boredly shook his head, I chuckled, he was so used to this.

"YOU'RE SO COOL, SENSEI! SO COOL! WO-HOOO!" My jaw slacked at Yuji's cheers.

Oh, dear.

Nobara let out a carefree laugh and just like what Megumi did, I sighed and shook my head, I was smiling a bit. My smile went wide as my eyes diverted at the most silent being in here, with us.

Toge Inumaki.

I swallowed when our eyes met. His orbs immediately widened and he instantly avoided my gaze. He went to Maki Zenin and Panda as if nothing just happened.

I was about to call him but Megumi pulled my arm. "I have been calling you for minutes now, loosen up, Y/N. We won't lose," Megumi silently chuckled as he said those.

If only he knows that I don't even care if we'll win or lose.

Or maybe I do. Gojo would probably have my head if we lose.

Why? Oh, because he was the one who trained me. Most of my fighting techniques were from him, some were from observing other sorcerers. I'm very good at 'watch and learn' shits and that's the only thing that Gojo is so envy of me about.

"Why?"

Megumi shrugged, "As your brother and also our teacher said, strategy and unity. We have to have plans, you know? With that, we can achieve victory," He said.

I pursed my lips and nodded.

"So all opinions are highly appreciated!" Maki shouted as we continued running. They started talking about plans, I would butt in every time I think of something, then they talked about Yuji and more. I noticed that if they would ask Inumaki about something, he wouldn't respond or he'll just say a recipe of, in my opinion, his favourite dish.

The next thing I knew, we were comming to aid for Yuji Itadori as he fought the guy with unbelievable strength. The fight didn't last that long because everyone, again, in my opinion, were holding grudges over each other.

Maki fought with the 'katana-girl' which she easily defeated and then proceeded with a gorgeous woman named Mai who unbelievingly looked like her.

I think Megumi went for the quiet, long-haired man and as I jumped in trees, I saw Panda having his own world with that robot that I don't know the name of. I also saw Nobara somewhere in this foret. I smiled when I saw Yuji and the strong–looking guy, looks like Yuji's going to learn a lot today.

Now, who was missing? Oh right . . . my lips formed a smile as I saw Inumaki running as if he saw something terrifying. And here I was, thinking that his face will forever be blank.

I quickly jumped off the branch and prayed to land perfectly on the ground however, to my misfortune yet ultimate luck, I ended up crashing to Inumaki.

"Crap . . ." I mumbled as he landed on top of me but he was securing my head with his hand and his other hand on my waist.

I couldn't smile because of the tension as our eyes met.

He didn't avoid my gaze but my lips parted when I soon realized that the cloth covering his mouth was ripped. I could clearly see his entire face now. God, he was handsome. What's with the cool drawing on the corners of his mouth, though? It looks hot.

My hand was on his chest. God knows I was about to pull his collar and close the distance between us when I heard a very loud growl behind us.

It sounded evil.

Inumaki's eyes widened, he quickly got up and pulled me with him. When I looked behind me, my jaw fell.

A terrible–looking curse was looking at us.

TO BE CONTINUED...