8. Chapter Eight

Y/N

I kicked and punch the air for probably a hundreth time now.

One hour . . . two hours, three hours, four hours, five, six seven, eighr, nine, ten, multiplied by five and multiply it again . . . how many hours should I have to wait?

The following days without Inumaki were tough . . . so tough. I miss annoying him, I miss seeing his cold but handsome face.

I sighed and continued training all by myself.

I was kicking and punching, and everything, but my mind was blank.

God, did love these stupid feelings really hit me that hard? I huffed a breath and wiped my face irritatedly. Why do I keep on sweating?!

I kept on cursing inside my mind, and I never planned to stop. Well, that was until someone spoke and interrupted me.

"Hey, you should rest now. You've been training nonstop, loosen up."

I heard Megumi's voice from behind but I didn't pay him any attention. I have to master my power quickly so that I can be promoted, I need to strive harder. Much harder.

For my own sake, I needed to.

A frown made it's way to my face right after Megumi caught my wrist. He turned me around, making my face collide with his hard chest.

"Ouch."

"Rest." He demanded. I knew he would force me until I say yes so I just sighed and nodded.

After that, with lazy steps, I went back to my room.

My hands fished for my phone in my pocket and I chuckled at my own lockscreen wallpaper. It was a stolen photo of Inumaki Toge, when we were training.

But then, a frown appeared on my lips as I remembered that I would have to wait for two days more 'til I can finally see Inumaki.

One day . . . just endure one last day and then you will finally see him again.

With another exhausted sigh, I closed my eyes and forced myself to fall asleep.

And thank God I did.

***

Today was finally the day! Oh my! Oh my! I am so excited! I smiled at everyone I saw, including Megumi and the others.

I was just so happy!

Then, we waited for Inumaki and others to arrive at where we train everyday.

I wonder how is he? Was he eating well? I do hope he's fine . . .

But then, my smile vanished when I saw them arriving. Inumaki was being carried by Panda and I could already say that he was unconcious. Worry started to creep into my system.

He told me he'll take care of himself!

"What happened to him?!" I asked, worry lacing my voice.

Panda sighed, "He earned a quite big hole in his tummy, he'll be disabled for days . . . maybe even weeks," Panda said as he shook his head.

Inumaki weakly tilted his head to the side, his eyes still closed. It made me see the little bruises he has on his face.

There were bruises on the left side of his forehead, his cheek, there were also bruises on the corner of his mouth. I bit my lip so hard as I suffered in restraining my tears.

Although he still managed to look handsome with all the bruises on his face, I could tell it hurt.

Then, Maki interjected with a smile.

"But the good thing is! You'll be the one taking care of him! You know why? Oh, because it was his request before he passed out! And we still have many, many things to do so . . . is that fine with you?" Maki asked , smiling.

I was left astounded upon where stood. I did not hear that wrong, did I?

He . . . requested for me to take care of him?

I bit my lips to suppress a smile and looked at Maki–san with a nod.

"I see no problem with that, Maki . . ."

TO BE CONTINUED.