29. Chapter Twenty-Nine

Y/N

Megumi and I never had an interaction since then.

I mean, I tried to approach him but he would always push me away. It was devastating and saddening, because the fact that our friendship is falling apart and he's letting everything go to waste doesn't really soothe me.

"Don't meddle with my life anymore, please, Y/N." He begged with his dull eyes that he never once used towards me. I cried.

"But we were friends everince . . . how could I not check up on you? How could I not worry over you?" I weakly asked.

I saw the pain in his eyes but it was shortlived. I didn't know if it was because I reminded him we were just friends or because I was helplessly crying infront of him.

"Just give me space, Y/N. I need tons of it. Please. I beg you."

After that, he left me there, all alone. My mind hasn't took a rest eversince all these happened. Why did he have to fall for me? Why does it have to be this complicated? I was not in my right mind and I know a place that could calm me.

There was no training today, all students of this school are free until the sun sets.

I'm going to my old school, there with the normal human beings. I miss my old friends, the ones that Megumi and I made when we were still studying with ordinary people. So, without thinking twice, I ran away from the school. I didn't see Yuji or Nobara or anyone. They must be enjoying their free day.

When I was already outside the school premises, I still kept running, until I could see a park where there were so many people, but then, my head started to ache.

Until . . . I could hear voices in my heads.

'Will it rain today?' My eyes darted at the man who was wearing a neon pink shirt, looking at the sky. I started to pant.

'Should I buy these?' I looked at the woman who was busy staring at the two keychains in her hands.

'Where did my dog go?'

'I want to buy cotton candy but I don't have much money.'

'I'm hungry.'

'I'm thirsty.'

'Oh, gosh! I'm so excited for later!'

I inhaled and exhaled harshly and tried to cover my ears to stop what I am hearing in my head but it just won't! What's happening?! Why am I hearing the thoughts of all these people? I have never experienced this before . . . what's happening?

The place I thought that could calm me down, scared me. I started to head back to the school to look for my brother. I need him. I need to ask him about this.

Every step I took were torturing because of the people around me. I could hear what they're thinking, I could hear every single thing.

I entered the school's promises and asked around where my brother was and all of them said one thing, they said an urgent meeting was being held and I was the only one who was still not there.