23. Chapter Twenty-Three

Y/N

"I don't think I still like you," I mumbled, and just like that, his smile disappeared. I almost laughed because his expression literally dropped.

He took a few steps back and maintained a distance between us, I grinned at that and I walked towards him to close the distance again. He wasn't smiling anymore, he was not even frowning.

He was . . . expressionless.

Even though my entire self was shy, I hooked my arms around his neck and kissed him again, he did not respond at first but he did too, after a couple of minutes. I was the one who pulled away to look him in the eye with a smile.

"Because I think I love you now, so much, to the point I can't stop it anymore," I truthfully whispered as I leaned my forehead against his.

He stiffened at my remark, Inumaki did not move for so long but he did not push me away.

I was starting to regret telling him that. Maybe it was too early? Too soon? What if he does not like me anymore? What if he was just kidding around? What happens, then?

Stop overthinking Y/N.

Discouraged by all those thoughts, I tried to step away from him but his strong arms did not let me. He snaked his arms around my tiny waist and just like what I did earlier, Inumaki leaned his forehead against mine. It made me close my eyes as I felt his hot breath against my lips.

His grip on me went tighter so I opened my eyes, only to catch him clenching his jaw, as if he was mad at something.

So, I held his cheek with my left hand.

"Is everything fine? Is it about what I said? Don't . . . don't worry, you are not obliged to reciprocate the same feeling. I am not asking you to." I softly smiled as I told him those.

You can't force love, it comes naturally.

For a split second, his eyes went wide and he immediately shook his head. What did he mean by that? I mentally huffed, only if he wasn't mute then I probably have found out what he was trying to tell!

Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with his ability, it's pretty great, but if this is one of it's side effects then his ability is not cool at all!

Imagine not being able to speak even if you badly want to? Damn, that hurts.

"Inumaki?"

I called again, because he's been clenching his jaw like there's no tomorrow. I stepped away from him as my forehead creased.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Then, he stopped clenching his jaw. His mouth slowly parted as it began moving but I couldn't understand what he was trying to let me know. After moving his mouth for the third time, he stopped and looked at me as if he was asking if I understood what he said.

I frowned and shook my head disappointedly. Inumaki clenched his jaw again, he looked so mad now, his hand have also turned into fist now, but his expression went blank when someone called for his name.

We both looked at our left and saw my brother, Gojo. Inumaki suddenly tensed as he hurriedly dipped his head, as if paying respect. Gojo laughed and tapped Inumaki's shoulder while I was just standing there, looking at how adorable Inumaki was but was also confused at what he said earlier.

"Maki's calling for you, Inumaki. She said, 'As soon as possible.' So you gotta go inside now." Gojo informed, making Inumaki nod.

With a last glance at me, he left.

After he was far enough, Gojo started laughing again.

"Why do I always see you when you and that cool mute kid do, uh, things?" He asked.

My cheeks went red and I didn't give any response so he laughed again and went closer to me with a wide smile on his face.

"Young sis, I heard what you told him . . ." Gojo whispered and I could imagine him smirking.

" . . . and I also understood what he told you. It's sad that you're so stupid, you didn't even understand his response," Gojo grinned.

I glared at him but then, if he knows, I should ask him about it, right?

"What did he say?" I was hesitant to ask, but I was so curious too.

Gojo smirked, "That's my secret to keep. You find it out yourself."

I was dumbfounded.

END OF CHAPTER 23.