Chapter 96

Warnings: Same as the last chapter

Rating: SFW

In Ansem's Laboratory in Radiant Garden, you and Kairi sat on the lab chair as Even, Ienzo, and Ansem the Wise stood near the two of you.

"'If you arrive in a world that's neither of light nor darkness, but somewhere on the other side, your task will be far from easy,'" Ienzo repeated.

"Yes, he said that's the answer," Kairi said.

"I've never heard of a place like that..."

"Something else he said perplexes me... 'Your voice can't reach us... I'm certain of where you're heart is,'" Even said. You and Kairi nodded.

"You would assume that he's referring to the realm of darkness, but... that clearly isn't the case here, wouldn't you say?" Ienzo said.

"Where voices can't reach... The other side of our world, of reality... Unreality? A fictional world?" Ansem the Wise said.

"Fictional?" The old man gave a grunt of confirmation.

"I'm afraid such mysteries are beyond our comprehension," he said.

"Maybe Mickey or Master Yen Sid knows," you said.

"Any news?" Riku asked. You and Kairi looked over to see Aeleus ushering Riku, Celina, and Vanitas into the room, and Celina breaking Aeleus's balls.

"Nice one sis. Tried to flirt with you or something?" you said.

"Nope. Just letting out my frustrations," Celina smiled.

"See? This is why you're our sister. We love violence!" Vanitas said.

"Anyways, I found some info about Sora," Riku said.

"Really? We got something too!" Kairi said.

"You do?" Celina asked. Sparkles appeared around the five of you and coalesced between your to everyone's surprise until the Fairy Godmother appears in the room, scaring the shit out of Vanitas.

"Oh, excuse me, dears, I certainly didn't mean to startle you," Fairy Godmother said as she turned to Riku. "If you're not expecting magic, it can be a surprise."

Riku chuckled.

"No kidding," he said. She giggled and turned back to the rest of you.

"Now then, I am the Fairy Godmother. And it's a pleasure to meet you all." You all were equally fascinated and bewildered.

"She came here at Yen Sid's request. He said she's got a clue that might help us find Sora," Riku said.

"Yen Sid sent you?" you asked.

"That's right. To find Sora, we need four keys. First, Riku, and then of course there's you and Kairi," Fairy Godmother said.

"Okay..." you and Kairi nodded.

"With Riku's dreams and your and Kairi's memories, you three have already done your part."

"Their memories?" Celina asked.

"Yes. We performed an examination of their hearts and obtained an important clue from the lost memories they contained, which is that...there's another world on the other side of ours that's not of darkness or light," Ienzo said.

"Riku, what did you dream?" Kairi asked.

"Oh, well since Sora disappeared, I've been having dreams about a large city with tall buildings. Apparently, that's the clue," Riku said. The Fairy Godmother nodded.

"A city..." Even said.

"Maybe that's what Xehanort was talking about. A fictional world..." Ienzo said.

"A fictional world?" Vanitas asked.

"Yes, perhaps. The three realms of our world–light, darkness, and between–these are all places we can travel to because they are on 'our side.' This also includes the worlds of memories, data, and dreams. If I am correct, then this 'other side' of our world from which voices cannot reach must be a place outside of our reality. Namely, it must be unreality, or fiction. But...that is the extent of our knowledge," Ansem the Wise said. He cast his eyes to the floor and Even and Ienzo sighed.

"So, Kairi and I thought we should go to Mickey and Master Yen Sid to ask about it," you said.

"Mmm, I'm not quite sure they'll be able to help you, my dear," Fairy Godmother said.

"Then what now?" Riku asked.

"Oh, you forget; there are four people who hold the key. There's still one more. One with a strong will and a very precious dream."

"Who is it?" Kairi asked.

"You'll see. I'll introduce you!"