Bonus Chapter #2

THREE YEARS AFTER THEIR WEDDING

"CALM DOWN IN THERE," I said, rubbing my huge tummy

"What's wrong? What happened?" Brent asked, worriedly, coming out of the kitchen in our house.

Brent built me a house last year in our hometown, Midville WV just like he promised me when we were teenagers. It's big and is my dream house.

"I'm okay. The twins are just moving like crazy," I replied, calming him down.

We are having twins; one boy, one girl.

When I found out that I was pregnant, I was extremely happy. I surprised Brent with breakfast the next morning. I told him that I got a new shirt for him, and he needed to look at it.

He did, not suspecting anything. In the gift bag was a baby onesie, and when he pulled it out of the bag, he was so confused.

Then it dawned on him that we were having a baby. He was more excited than I was if that was even possible.

When we found out we were having twins, Brent fainted. Not because of fear, but because of shock.

And that's how I ended up here on my lovely couch watching movies.

"Does that mean something? Do I need to call Dr. Berry?" Brent asked, sitting next to me on the couch.

I'm nine months pregnant, and if I blink the wrong way, Brent will come running in like I was dying.

I love him, but he overreacts over the littlest things.

I'm perfectly fine.

"No, Brent. They are just moving," I replied before taking a bite of my cookies and cream ice cream.

Brent ran a hand through his hair,"You sure?"

I nodded,"I promise. I'm fine."

"Okay. I'm going to go back to cooking," Brent replied before going back in the kitchen.

My phone started ringing, and I looked at it to see that Nick was calling me. I answered it, placing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, digging into my ice cream.

"Hey, Cam, how are you?" Nick asked me as I took a bite of my ice cream.

"I'm doing okay. How are you?"