Ch. 27 - Hickeys

BEFORE I COULD EVEN SAY ANYTHING, Brent grabbed Alec by the shirt

BEFORE I COULD EVEN SAY ANYTHING, Brent grabbed Alec by the shirt. Then he threw a punch at him, hitting Alec right in the nose.

If his nose wasn't broken, it definitely was going to be bruised.

"Brent! Stop!" I exclaimed, standing up from my spot.

Brent threw Alec onto the grass before punching him over and over. Alec pushed Brent off of him after five punches.

"Stop! The both of you!" I yelled, trying to get them to stop.

But it was useless.

Alec was now on top of Brent, punching him. Brent grabbed ahold of Alec's arm, and he twisted it, making Alec hiss in pain.

I heard the front door behind me open, and I turned back to see my brothers and Dad running down the stairs. Mom was watching in horror.

"Stop it! That's enough!" Dad exclaimed as he and the boys try and break them apart.

It took Nick and the twins to hold Brent back. Micheal pushed Alec back, and Dad stood between them with his hands up on either side of him.

"What the hell is going on?!" Dad exclaimed, angrily.

"That douchebag kissed Campbell without her consent!" Brent yelled, still trying to break through the boys' grip.

All of the boys, including Dad, looked at Alec with wide eyes.

"So what?" Alec asked with a smirk. "She liked it."

"You little bas-.." Brent said as he tried to push off the boys.

"Everything between us has been a competition Brent. You have won every one, but I won't let you win this one."

"It's not a competition," I said, making everybody look over at me. "I choose Brent. I will always choose Brent because I'm in love with him."

Alec shook his head,"No. You might be in love with him, but you have feelings for me. I know it. You are just confused."

I shook my head,"No, I don't, Alec. I see you as a friend, nothing more."

"Well when he hurts you, don't come knocking on my door," Alec replied before walking off towards his car.

Alec got into his car, slamming the door behind him. Then he drove off, and that's when the boys let go of Brent.

"Oh my goodness. Your face," I said, examine his injuries.

Brent had a bruise forming on his cheek, and his bottom lip was cut open.