Ch. 12 - Sleepover

I AM AN AWFUL HUMAN BEING

I lied to the whole family saying that I had a migraine just so I wouldn't see Brent at the football game.

He kissed me, and I kissed him back. It felt amazing and I want him to kiss me again.

Does that mean I like him?

This crap is confusing.

"So, what's going through your mind? You are awfully quiet over there," Lisa told me as we were cleaning up the kitchen.

"Just school stuff," I lied, shutting the dish washer.

She nodded and said,"The Perrys want to see you."

I bit my lip, nervously. I haven't heard much about my biological mother and half sister. All I know is that we were all close before the accident.

"Maybe we do lunch or something," I said, not looking at Lisa.

"That's a great idea. I'll let them know."

I gave her a small smile before leaving the kitchen. The girls should be arriving in a couple minutes, and Maya was already setting up the living room.

"Do you need any help?" I asked Maya, who was setting out chick flick movies.

"Can you go get a few more blankets from the hallway closet? I don't think this is enough," Maya asked, pushing her hair out of her face.

I nodded,"Yeah. I'll be right back."

I walked into the little hallway where the laundry room is at. I opened the only other door which led to a closet. It was filled with blankets and pillows. I grabbed three blankets, and I saw another fluffy blanket on the top shelf.

I set the blankets I was holding onto the floor. Then I stood on my tippy toes, and I grabbed the blanket off the shelf. Undoubtedly something was on it so it fell when I grabbed the blanket.

"Oh crap," I muttered as papers flew out of the small cardboard box.

I picked up a packet that had fell, and my eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. It's an adoption packet. With my name on it.

I stood there, examining the first page, when the doorbell rang throughout the house.

"Campbell, Clary and Naomi are here!" Maya yelled from the living room.

I quickly picked up the papers, putting them back into the closet. I grabbed the blankets, and I walked into the living room to see Clary and a brunette girl.

"Hi, Clary," I said with a smile.

She smiled back,"Hey. Campbell, this Naomi, my best friend." I raised my hand out, and she shook it.

"It's nice to meet you, again," Naomi said, making my smile falter.

"Madison said that they will be here in a moment. They all decided to ride together," Maya informed me as she was putting her hair in a ponytail.