Ch. 19 - "I love you, Campbell Jane West Cade."

"DANG IT!" Nick yelled out in frustration as the race ended

"DANG IT!" Nick yelled out in frustration as the race ended. He came in second for the sixth time in a row.

"Nick, just give it up already. There is no way you are going to beat my high score," Micheal said with an amused smirk.

"I will never give up. I will beat you this time!"

"You are so stubborn," Gaberial commented, flicking the back of Nick's neck.

"Ouch," Nick complained, rubbing his neck.

"I can't wait for Elliot to come home tomorrow," Micheal said as he typed away on his phone.

"I know it's been like two months since we saw him last," Gavin replied before yawning. "What time is it?"

"1:00 in the morning," Gaberial answered his twin.

"Shit, we gotta get up in seven hours," Micheal said, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm almost finished with this round," Nick said, making all of us look at the tv.

He was in first place and it was the last lap.

The finish line was coming up, and he was so close.

But then another racer sped passed him, and drove pass the finish line.

Nick was silent. To be honest, him being silent is way worse than him yelling.

"And the crown goes to Micheal Eugene Cade, ladies and gentlemen!" Gaberial announced, clapping his hands.

"This game is stupid," Nick said before shutting the tv off.

"Aw, Nicky, are you sad you didn't win?" I joked, making him roll his eyes at me.

"Don't call me Nicky," Nick said, stretching his arms.

"I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed," Gavin said, walking towards the stairs.

"I agree," Micheal said, following his older brother.

"I'm going to go get a snack then I'll call Nichole," Nick said, pulling his phone from his pocket before leaving the attic.

"I'm going to take a shower," I told Gaberial who was the only one left.

As I was about to leave, Gaberial asked,"You do love her, right?"

I turned around to see he had an uneasy look on his face. I have never seen Gaberial like this before.

I nodded,"I love her with every inch of my heart."

"Okay just making sure," Gaberial said before saying,"She loves you, too, you know. I can see it on her face whenever you're around."

"Thanks, Gaberial," I thanked him with a smile on my face.

"Your welcome."

I left the attic, and I walked down the hallway to the guest room which is two doors away from Campbell's room. As I was passing Campbell's room, I heard a cry. I stopped dead in my tracks, and I quietly pushed the ajar door fully open.