Ch. 13 - Arrested

"BATMAN IS OVERRATED

"BATMAN IS OVERRATED. Wonder Woman is the really badass," Tim told me Monday afternoon at the hospital.

I shook my head,"Nope. It's defiently Aquaman."

Tim rolled his eyes,"You are only saying that because he's hot."

I laughed,"I'm serious. Aquaman is a literal king, and he can breathe underwater!"

"And? Wonder Woman is freaking immortal! She can deflect bullets and she went through a freaking building!" Tim argued as the nurse came in with Tim's dinner.

"Good evening, Tim. I brought you dinner," Nurse Shelia told Tim, setting the plate on the table connected to the bed.

It was hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and chocolate pudding.

"Thank you," Tim replied before the nurse left. He frowned as he stabbed his corn with his fork.

"What's wrong? Do you not like tonight's dinner?" I asked him, making him look over at me.

"No, it's fine. I just have to eat dinner by myself, again," Tim admitted, sadly.

"Hey, you aren't by yourself. I'm here with you," I replied with a smile.

He shrugged,"No offense, but you aren't my parents. You're awesome, but I rather have dinner with my Mom and Dad."

I grabbed a hold of his hand, and he gave me a sad smile.

"I understand. Do you want to talk about something else?" I asked him.

He shrugged, and I asked,"Isn't your birthday coming up?"

Tim nodded with a smile,"Yes. I'll be eleven."

"Eleven? Wow!" I exclaimed before adding,"I'm gonna have to get you something special!"

"You don't have to buy me anything. You do enough," Tim replied, grabbing his book of his nightstand table.

"Of course I'm going to buy you something. You are one of my best friends," I explained before saying,"Now if I get you an Aquaman action figure, would you be mad at me?" He laughed; a true laugh.

Tim shook his head,"No Aquaman. Now if you get me Wonder Woman, you might be my favorite person."

I fake gasped,"I'm not your favorite person?"

"Alec is number one, but you are at number two," Tim said quickly.

"How is Alec at number one?" I asked, scrunching my eyebrows together in confusion.

"He just is," Tim told me with a shrug.

I shook my head,"No can do, buddy. I'm going to be your favorite. Just you wait, I got something up my sleeve for your birthday."

Tim nodded as he yawned. His eyelids were getting droopy, and I knew he was about to pass out.

"I'll let you get some rest. I'll come see you tomorrow, okay!" I asked him, giving him a squeeze on his hand.