Ch. 32 - Christmas

"CAMPBELL! GET UP! IT'S CHRISTMAS!" Nick exclaimed, jumping onto my bed

I groaned, snuggling into my pillow.

"What time is it?" I said, keeping my eyes closed.

"Nine o'clock on the dot! Now get up! Mom and Dad have breakfast made, and we get to open presents afterwards! So come on!" Nick said, grabbing ahold of my ankle, trying to pull me out of the bed.

"Nick! Don't you dare drag me off this bed!" I exclaimed as my eyes opened.

"Well then get up!" Nick protested, letting go of my ankle.

I threw the blanket off of me, and I rolled out of my bed, not wanting to leave. Nick and I walked downstairs together, and the smell of bacon hit my nose.

We walked into the kitchen to see the rest of the boys already in there, waiting for us.

"Finally!" Gaberial exclaimed, happily. "Now we can eat!"

"Merry Christmas to you too," I replied with a smile.

Gaberial stuck his tongue out at me, and I did the exact same thing to him.

"Quit it you two," Mom scolded before adding,"Grab a plate and once you filled your plate, come sit in the living room."

My brothers and I filled our plates up with all kinds of food. I also noticed that Mom and Dad made chocolate chip pancakes.

I smiled, remembering how every Christmas my parents would come in my room with chocolate chip pancakes. After we all ate, we would go open gifts and watch Christmas movies for the rest of the day.

It's weird that my father isn't here. Well not here exactly, but alive. Every Christmas, he would send me a voicemail saying Merry Christmas and how much he loved me. He even sent one last year when we weren't talking.

And of course being my stupid self, I would never respond to them. I regret that now.

I sure would love to hear his voice again. I would do anything to hear his voice.

"Campbell?" Elliot asked me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I blinked to see that we were the only ones left in the kitchen.

"You're crying," Elliot told me, making me touch my cheeks and sure enough there was tears. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head, wiping my eyes. "I just miss my father."

Elliot set his plate down, and he hugged me. I buried my face in his chest, and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey, guys-..." Nick's voice broke as he walked into the kitchen.