Ch. 9 - Detention

IT'S LATER IN THE WEEK, and I'm so tired

IT'S LATER IN THE WEEK, and I'm so tired. Brent and I haven't really talked to each other at all, and it makes me upset for some reason.

I also volunteered at the hospital three times this week, and I really like it. The kids are lovable, and Alec is okay too.

It might be my first week back, but I'm so ready for Thanksgiving break which in two weeks. Then after that, we go back for three weeks before getting out for Christmas break.

Lisa said something about a New York City trip for seniors during winter break which sounds fun.

I'm starting to get the hang of a lot of things in the Cade household. Like if you make food, you have to make food for Nick or else he will annoy you until you make him some.

Or when the twins watch a movie and they start arguing about something, don't get in the middle of it or else it will backfire on you.

And if Micheal has his music loud, you have to ask him nicely to quiet it down or else he will turn it up even louder just to make you mad.

I'm learning more about the boys, and it feels amazing. I don't feel weird around them anymore.

And as for the girls, they include me in everything, never leaving me out of the conversation. I can see why I'm friends with them.

The only person I haven't learned much about is Brent. I know that my memory loss is really tough on him, and being mad at him isn't helping either. I think I'm going to apologize when I see him.

"You should come, Campbell. Camping is fun," Gavin told me as we walked outside to his vehicle. The boys, including Brent, are going camping a couple hours away from Midville.

"I would, but the girls and I are having a sleepover tomorrow. Maybe next time," I said with a tight smile.

I climbed into his truck as Micheal walked out of the house, fixing his hair. His blue backpack was hanging on one shoulder as he walked to the twins' truck.

Usually Gaberial would ride, too, but today, he rode with Nick because he wanted a doughnut for breakfast. I seriously don't know how these boys aren't fat. If I were to eat the amount they eat every single day, I would be fat as a cow.

"Come on, princess," Gavin called out to Micheal as I climbed into the truck.

A memory hit me, and I gasped.

I was in the school, walking with Brent to class.

"Are you always this cocky?" I asked Brent.