Ch. 23 - Pushed

"NO! THAT IS HIDEOUS!" I exclaimed in frustration

"NO! THAT IS HIDEOUS!" I exclaimed in frustration."Just put it over there."

The workers nodded, and they stepped off their ladders. I looked at my clipboard, and I was checking over my check list.

All the sudden somebody wrapped their arms around my waist, and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Brent," I scolded as I smiled. "You can't sneak up on me like that. You never know when I'm going to bring out those karate moves."

"Karate moves? Since when do you know karate?" Brent asked as he turned me around to face him.

"Since Gavin and I binged watched both Kung Fu Panda movies," I replied with a sly smile.

Brent chuckled, and he looked up at the awful banner placement.

"Why do those workers look like they want to kill you?" Brent asked, looking back down at me.

"Because I have changed the placement of the birthday banner twice now," I said, scrunching my nose in frustration.

"Babe, everything is going to be perfect. Tim is going to love it," Brent replied.

"I hope so. He deserves the best."

Before Brent could say anything, Maya's voice exclaimed,"Alright, the decorating squad is here!"

Brent and I looked over at the left to see Madison and Maya walking our way with bags full of stuff.

"Where is everybody else?" I asked when they reached us.

"Nichole is still in volleyball practice, Hailey is at a student body council thing, and Jordan is hanging out with Micheal," Madison explained.

"Oh well, thank you guys for coming. I need all the help I can get," I replied with a grateful smile.

"No problem, girly. Now let's get started," Maya said with a bright smile.

I took one of the bags from her, and we started hanging decorations in the small private room Ross has let us use for the party.

About an hour later, we took a break, and that's when Alec showed up. When he saw me, he smiled.

"Hey, Alec," I said as Brent wrapped an arm around my waist, protectively, making me roll my eyes.

Alec noticed Brent's arm, but it didn't change his facial expression.

"Hey, Campbell," he replied before looking around. "This place is looking great. Do you guys need an extra hand?"

"No," Brent muttered, making me elbow him in the chest.

"Yes, totally. We have a few more things to finish up," I told him with a grimace.

"Great."

I turned to Brent, and I gave him a warning glare. He rolled his eyes, but he didn't say anything.