Ch. 15 - Grace & Leah

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR," I said with a sigh

"To your date or to lunch with your mother and sister?" Anna asked me as she shut her textbook.

I FaceTimed her on my laptop because we haven't talked in a while. She was studying for her math exam she has in two days. After that, she gets to come back to Midville for Thanksgiving break.

"To both," I answered, honestly, as I pulled out a bright purple dress.

"Definitely not that. That needs to go back in the closet and never come out again," Anna said, shuddering at the dress.

I put it back in the closet, and I found a cute black top. I showed it to Anna, who nodded approvingly.

"Wear that with dark blue jeans," Anna added, making me grab a pair of dark blue jeans.

"You need to find a jacket or something to go with it," Anna said after I changed into the outfit in my closet.

"Hold on, let me look at what I got," I said, scanning through my different jackets. I found a cute white bomber jacket with two black strips at the bottom. I showed Anna who smiled.

"Put it on, and let's see," Anna told me before opening a bag a chips. I put the jacket on, and she squealed.

"It's so cute," Anna complimented.

"I'm going to wear this for lunch then change into a dress or something for my date," I said, looking at myself in the mirror.

"Okay. Oh crap, I gotta go. I'm meeting my study group for the exam."

"Alright. I'll talk to you later. Bye."

Anna ended the call, and I shut my computer. I walked back into my closet to find a cute but warm dress for tonight.

As I was looking for a dress, Lisa yelled,"Campbell! Come on, we gotta get going!"

I walked out of my closet before grabbing my phone and wallet. I walked out of my room, shutting the door behind me. Lisa was waiting for me by the front door with Summer beside her.

Summer had to go to the vet for an annual checkup so Lisa is going to drop me off at the restaurant I'm suppose to meet Grace and Leah.

"You look cute," Lisa said, admiring my outfit.

"Thank you. You do too."

She smiled,"Come on, let's get going."

We walked out of the house, and to the car. Lisa put Summer in the back while I climbed into the passenger seat.

Lisa got into the driver's seat before starting the engine. She backed out of the driveway, and we were on our way.

"Are you nervous?" Lisa asked me, glancing over at me.