Ch. 28 - "I look like a marshmallow."

ONE OF MY FAV 1D SONGS!

"SO YOU TWO ARE GOING SKIING  to celebrate your first anniversary?" Anna asked as I plunge through my closet

"SO YOU TWO ARE GOING SKIING to celebrate your first anniversary?" Anna asked as I plunge through my closet.

"Yes. His grandparents own a cabin, and he is going to teach me how to ski," I replied, looking through my pants.

I was in the middle of packing when Anna called. She was eating lunch, and we haven't talked in forever.

"That sounds romantic," Anna told me as I threw a shirt I liked in my suitcase.

"When are you coming home?" I asked her, walking out of my closet.

"Sunday. Then I'll leave back out the twenty-ninth. Elliot and I are going to spend New Years in New York," Anna answered, opening up her soda.

"We should get together on New Years Eve and celebrate since we are going to be in New York, too," I suggested, pushing my hair back out of my face.

"Yes! Where are you guys staying?"

"Maya's penthouse. Mom and Dad cleared it with the school."

Yeah, Mom and Dad were going to talk to the school about letting us stay with Maya.

But after I was attacked, they immediately went to them and said it was for safety reasons.

"So, are you and Brent going to do the deed this weekend?" Anna asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Anna!" I scolded, making her giggle.

"Well, are you?"

I sighed,"I'm not ready."

"That's totally fine. I waited until I left for college. Elliot and I-.." Anna started, but I quickly covered my ears, humming loudly to tune her out.

"Are you done?" I asked after a moment.

She nodded, and I uncovered my ears.

"But if you have any questions or concerns, just know you can talk to me," Anna said quickly, smiling.

"Okay," I replied, wishing this conversation would end.

"Show me what you got packed," Anna changed the subject which I am thankful for.

I do not need a Talk 2.0.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Campbell, you need to wake up," Brent said, softly, as he played with my hair.

I groaned, rolling over so my face was in his chest.

"It's too early," I grumbled, wrapping my arms around him.

"It's eight o'clock," Brent replied, making me groan even more.