Ch. 29 - Yours

NEW PROMISE RING UP TOP! PLAY THE SONG AT *. ALL COPYRIGHT GOES TO YOUTUBE.

OKAY SO I DIDN'T FALL DOWN A MOUNTAIN

And I didn't hit anything.

It took a while for me to learn, but now I am okay with skiing.

Don't get me wrong.

I did fall a couple times, but that was all in the children's area so I don't think it counts.

"So what are we doing tomorrow for our anniversary?" I asked Brent who was standing at the stove. I was sitting on the island, watching him cook a grilled cheese.

Yes, we are having grilled cheese for dinner. We are exhausted after skiing all day, and this seems like an easy option.

"Well, I may have something up my sleeve," Brent replied, flipping the grilled cheese.

"Okay so I was thinking and I think we should start watching The Originals," I suggested, kicking my feet back and forth.

"Isn't that the one with Klaus?" He asked, putting the grilled cheese on a plate.

I nodded,"Yes."

"Or we could do something more fun," Brent said, handing me a plate with a grilled cheese. He set his plate down beside me, and he rested his elbows on the island.

"Like what?" I asked before taking a bite of my food.

"We can go star gazing."

"That is an awesome idea!" I exclaimed after swallowing my food.

"We'll go after we finish eating," Brent told me as he took a bite of his grilled cheese.

After we finished eating, we gathered blankets, and we put on our jackets and shoes. We walked out of the cabin, and we put a blanket down on the hood of Martha's car.

Then Brent picked me up, and he put me on the hood before getting up on it. We laid our backs on the windshield, and we stared at the stars.

Thousands of stars were littered across the sky. The moon was half way lighted, and it shone brightly against the stars.

Brent wrapped an arm around my shoulders, and I rested my head on his chest.

"It doesn't matter how many times I see them they still blow me away every time," Brent said, talking about the stars.

"They are extraordinary," I replied, playing with Brent's hand.

"I have something for you," Brent told me a few minutes later.

"Brent," I warned,"We aren't suppose to give each other our anniversary gifts until tomorrow."

"We'll, technically, I already gave this to you," Brent said, sitting up on the hood.