Ch. 45 - My Girl

I HAVE BEEN SITTING IN THIS POLICE STATION since Campbell was taken

My mother tried to make me go home, but I wouldn't budge. I needed to be here in case they find her or find somewhere she might be.

What was worse than Campbell being taken was the Cades' reaction when I told them.

~Flashback~

"What happened?! Where's my baby?!" I heard Lisa say as she rounded the corner at the hospital.

I haven't told them what happened yet. All I told Nick was that something happened to Campbell, and they needed to meet me at the hospital.

"Is she okay, Brent?" Gavin asked me.

"What happened?" Gaberial also asked me.

"Hmm, Campbell...she's not here," I told them, trying to keep my breathing normal.

"What do you mean? Where is she, Brent?" Nick asked as my hands shook by my sides.

"She was kidnapped by Evie," I said, making them all freeze.

Then Mr. Cade said,"What?"

Lisa's eyes filled with tears, and she was breathing rapidly and short.

"Where is my baby, Brent? What happened?" Lisa cried, making Micheal wrap an arm around his mother.

And I told them exactly what happened. They all cried, including me.

Campbell was gone, and it was my fault.

~End of Flashback~

"Don't you have a home?" Luke asked me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at him, and he handed me a coffee. I took it, and he sat down beside me on the bench.

"Campbell West Cade is my home," I replied before taking a sip of the coffee.

"Brent, we are working around the clock trying to find her. To bring her home," Luke replied, softly.

"It's been two days, Luke. She could be hurt or w-worst," I said as my voice broke at the end. I cleared my throat, trying to keep my emotions at bay.

"Don't think like that, Brent Mason. I have seen her file. She is a fighter, and she will survive this."

I licked my lips,"You know, if I didn't go upstairs, Evie wouldn't have taken her. She would be here with me now."

"Brent, even if you didn't go upstairs, Evie was going to get her. This isn't your fault."

I shook my head, not believing him. "You don't understand. Campbell-she is my whole world. She is my other piece, and if I lose her-.."